Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New member but not new owner yet!

I am soon to be retired, and don't own a trailer yet, but love the Reflection 303rls. I have researched trailers for awhile now and really like the Reflection 303. I have a good friend that bought one and I didn't know which one he had bought until he brought it by to show me. Wow, it was the one I have been looking at. I am hoping to learn more about it on here, good or bad. I am not opposed to buying a good used one. My wife and I are what some people call frugalistas. We hate buying new and losing that depreciation. She even blogs about on her blog, www.lovetofrugal.com. We live in Brenham, Tx, home of Blue Bell Ice Cream. Best ice cream in the country. We have friends that have 5th wheels and would like to join them on some trips along with doing some we have been dreaming about. So please except me without owning one yet, but hopefully in the near future that will change.
    Thanks
    Michael

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Michael...

I too am a member have yet bought a unit... I am looking at the 337rls, after looking at all the different styles and manufacturers, the wife decided that is the one she wants... I am just around to drive the thing!!!!!
    Joined here to see what real people think of GD, for the most part everyone is real happy and satisfied with them!!

There 2 views on whether to buy used or new,
    New, you will find the little problems and get it worked out with no real surprises. Warranty to do all of major issues(if any), dealer will take care of you with the small stuff, But do a 2 to 3 hour walk thru to make sure everything works!

Previously owned, finding out the surprises that the other owner forgot or decided not to say anything about and then paying for or doing the repairs. I have seen several 14, 15 and 16's for sale.... then I wonder how can you sell it after a year or 2? What is wrong? I Found a 2015 337RLS, owner says never lived in it, never slept in, never cooked in it! Then what is wrong, that you need to get rid of it?
    Do your research, ask a lot of questions, if something is wrong then consider asking for a lower price!

The 337RLS will be my 4th, 5th wheel, and what I have read and seen the best bang for the buck!

Just understand that a house being bounced down the road will have problems, be prepared to do the little things, tighten screws, nuts and bolts, seals on slide outs and such.
    I had a 1997 30 foot Kitt Companion, always stayed on top of all things and I sold it for a nice tidy sum even tho it was 20 years old, clean, no water leaks, all appliances worked!!

You can have a lot of fun traveling all over the great USA!!

Have Fun
    Dale

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dale. Yes I am a bit of a handy man, but I will probably try and buy an extended warranty for it. At least to cover the big items. I try to wrench on all of my stuff because I like doing it and I learn a lot about what I did wrong or how it works. Getting a little to old for overhauling big things. Thanks Dale.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Dale and Michael. We're glad you're here. Enjoy your research and ask your questions. Don't hesitate to call Grand Design directly if you need to for more information.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your mouth to God's ears!!! Sometimes too old for the big things... the little things keep me from wandering the campground at night looking for trouble!!!
    You are very Welcome!!

And Thank you Red for the the welcome mat!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewalker103 View Post
    I am soon to be retired, and don't own a trailer yet, but love the Reflection 303rls. I have researched trailers for awhile now and really like the Reflection 303. I have a good friend that bought one and I didn't know which one he had bought until he brought it by to show me. Wow, it was the one I have been looking at. I am hoping to learn more about it on here, good or bad. I am not opposed to buying a good used one. My wife and I are what some people call frugalistas. We hate buying new and losing that depreciation. She even blogs about on her blog, www.lovetofrugal.com. We live in Brenham, Tx, home of Blue Bell Ice Cream. Best ice cream in the country. We have friends that have 5th wheels and would like to join them on some trips along with doing some we have been dreaming about. So please except me without owning one yet, but hopefully in the near future that will change.
    Thanks
    Michael
    I understand the frugal part! If you are seriously considering the 303, in my opinion one of the big plusses to a 2018 model is the 16" wheels. On the earlier models with 15" wheels ground clearance for the rear jacks could be a real issue. Of course if your are handy you could modify an older model to accept 16" wheels. So far we love our 303 and have had only minor issues. Hope you find the right one for you
    Matt & Dana , Kasey the Australian Cattle Dog
    2018 303rls
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Matt & Dana, I will definitely want one with the 16" wheels. I did not know the problem with 15's until my neighbor which has a Sprinter 5er tried to replace his with better rated sidewalls and tread. He said he could only get the better rated ones in 16". Maybe that's why GD went to 16's and also for the clearance. I follow another full time rv guy on youtube that calls the tires you get from the manuf. "china bombs". He suggest to always run with name brand tires unless you want to fix your trailer from having blow outs. Thanks again!