User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    tomd

Final Picked Up our Solitude

Purchased in December and finally picked it up this week. We purchased it from Lazydays in Tucson, AZ and spent a couple nights down there at the RV park attached to the dealership. The few minor issues we discovered over the couple days were quickly solved by a tech they send over to the park to repair them. Only issue that could not be resolved was a warp exterior fridge cover that they need to order.

I was watching tow videos since this is our first 5th wheel. The other 3 were motorhomes. On one of the videos the guy stated the RV must ride level. Well when the RV is hitched to my truck it is not level. I attached a photo of it. Is this really an issue I should get checked out and corrected?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1964.JPG  

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Final Picked Up our Solitude

You're definitely nose up on the camper. You can measure from the frame to the ground at each end of the camper...if it's 2" high at the front, you need to lower the hitch in the truck 1". It looks in the photo that you have a fair amount of clearance of the camper over the truck's bedrails...you wouldn't want to be less than 6".

It's hard to tell in the photo, but is the truck still level?

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does look nose high. Based on the photo, with the amount of clearance between the bed rail (top of the side of the bed) and the rig, it looks like you should be able to lower the hitch head and still maintain at least 6" clearance. Most I've seen have several holes for adjustment of the head height. I have a Husky slider and had to lower it all the way to the bottom holes. Even with that, I'm still a tad nose high but only about 1/2 inch.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

tomd

The Ram has the picture frame mounting kit installed and then on top of that I have ISR SuperGlide 18K hitch. I just looked at the hitch and I am not sure how to adjust the height of this and if it is possible. I will take a photo of my hitch setup in the morning when there is light.

I will measure the height differences once I hook it back up. The truck is level. Actually the tech who instructed me when I hooked it up for the first time made the statement that the truck did not budge an inch when we put the weight of the fifth on the truck.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That SB Mega Cab Dually is very nice, I am sure you will get it dialed in. Very good looking setup.
    Steve and Schlonda- Virgie, Kentucky
    2017 Momentum 328M
    Morryde 8K Independent Suspension, Disk Brakes
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you have any adjustment to lower the hitch height of that superglide...you may have to raise the mounting position of the pinbox. I believe the mounting holes are on 1" centers...perhaps you could raise it two sets of holes higher.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, no height adjustments on a Superglide.

As was stated above, raise the pinbox in the framing to get the front end to sit lower.

You don't have to be perfectly level, but closer is better. I run nose high also, but not by much. Really won't hurt anything, as there are the equalizers between the axles...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS