User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tadi brothers backup cam mounting

I purchased a backup camera system from Tadi Brothers in CA. Here is a link to the camera that I want to mount to the back of my (new to me) 2016 Reflection 303RLS.

https://www.tadibrothers.com/product...s-wireless-ccd Click image for larger version. 

Name:	636202629185118366.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	9326

I don't HAVE the 5th wheel yet. I have to go 1400 miles to get it in KY. So I can't just go out and look at my camera mount to figure this out.

All I really want to see is a picture of the standard Furrion camera mount REMOVED and what is left behind for holes, so I can figure out the best way to mount this little camera and not make a mess of the backside of the 5th wheel.

Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Thanks from a previous Cougar owner that has been away from RVing for 10 years.

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post #82 or #83, on August 4th, there is a picture. Search the Furrion thread.......don't know how to transfer the link to you.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'll see if I can find that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also.....most all info regarding mounting a rear camera here on this website, will be on a Furrion related link. There is a bunch of info there! Probably more than you need but there are lots of pictures.
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as a precaution, I would buy a signal booster, (if they make one for that camera). Not sure if it is the same as a tire pressure monitor, but I had to get a booster for that as the signals only came thru on about half of my tries.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early last year I bought a tadi bros wireless backup camera for my GMC2500HD and reception was horrible. Their tech guy kept telling me to move the antenna to different places but I finally sent it back and they begrudgingly refunded my money and I had a wired camera installed. I would be leery of the camera signal reaching all the way from the rear of the camper. On our 303 I have the furion and love it. Just realize there are two versions and you may have to wire it to your backup lights if you want to use it while you're driving. Lots of threads on this.
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just used the tadi mount below the stock mount, it looks fine. I also had to put the wireless transmitter in the front compartment of my Solitude 369RL to get a great signal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim & Viv Steiner
    2016 Solitude 369RL
    2016 F350 6.7 SW SB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Signguy71 View Post
    I just used the tadi mount below the stock mount, it looks fine. I also had to put the wireless transmitter in the front compartment of my Solitude 369RL to get a great signal.
    Thanks for all the advice folks. Very much appreciated.

Wow, that must have been a difficult job to run the wiring all the way up to the front area of the Solitude. Were you able to use some sort of pre existing wires already in the 5th wheel or did you run them over the roof somehow? If you have a picture of your camera setup on your rig, please post it on here.

As far as actually finding a picture of the Furrion camera mount removed, I still haven't found one. No luck trying to find posts #82 or 83 on August 4th. I did go to the Furrion web site and download the owners manual for the backup camera they recommend for the Grand Design. It showed me a decent drawing of how the mount is drilled out and mounted on the trailer. Better than nothing.

I do hope to steal power from the running lights just above the factory Furrion mount and try to utilize the existing drilled holes to put the Tadi camera up there. I'm sure I will have to plug a few and try to make it pretty as possible. I'm concerned that I'll not be able to fish the wires up inside the fiberglass to the running lights. Not sure if there is sprayed in foam for the Polar Package insulation.

This Tadi rig has the antenna on the power wire setup. I'm HOPING to place all the wiring inside of the wall to keep it protected and dry. But... from what everyone is telling me on here, I anticipate that the signal will be too weak to reach the cab of the truck.

The camera hardware from Tadi should show up at my door in Colorado tomorrow. I'm hoping to get everything installed and wired in on the truck before we leave.

I'm leaving on Sunday the 13th to pick the 5th wheel up in KY, so I guess I'll find out what I really have when I get there. I'll have to go camera-less until I'm able to get to an overnight stop and try to install this at a camp site. I have a set of Reese strap-on mirrors that I picked up at Walmart to get me by until everything is installed.

Thanks again,
    Al

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry you could not find the picture. If you still need it, this is where it was found. At the top right of the main forum page, there is a white box. Type in Furrion and hit the looking glass or whatever it it. All Furrion posts will come up. Scroll down to about 5-10 lines and there is a thread that says: Still having trouble with the Furrion #48fos....... or something. It was started 2/15/2016 and last posted a few days ago. On this line, there is a paperclip that is an attachment note. It holds 4 pictures of what you want. You could also go to the last post on that thread and back up to it since its only a few posts back. I cannot get that to copy and paste, sorry. I know somebody here either has that picture or knows how to paste it there.
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)