Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Behind the TV Cabinet

Does anyone know what is behind the TV cabinet in the 303, other than wires and coax? The cabinets beside the TV and fireplace are a lot deeper than the TV or fireplace.

We are considering our options for adding a run of coax for ham radios. The antenna and tuner will be by the ladder (when camping, not mobile).

Thanks

Kay

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Behind the TV Cabinet

I removed the false wall behind the TV in my Solitude while tracing a bad signal from my satellite dish to the TV. There is absolutely nothing behind there except for wiring for the entertainment system which includes electrical wiring for the 12VDC Estone Radio and Antenna amplifier, and 120VAC electrical wiring for the 120VAC outlets. I suspect it is the same in your case.

The table top does not go all the way to the back wall so I filled the gap with a piece of plywood and brackets taking care not to interfere with the sliding drawer and used the nice wood panel from the false wall to blend it on with the wood table top. Not an exact match but no one likely to be back there behind the TV and it will be mostly covered with a printer and TV components or in your case ham radio equipment.

I rerouted all the wires inside wire loom and behind cabinets to make it less visible. I was also able to run additional coax for my satellite system down through the slide-out floor, through the wire guide under the slide-out and into the trailer floor following the OEM wiring and then to the distribution panel in the water/electrical closet. I'm sure you know your way around wires and power so I needn't tell you to be careful of the power wires and to make sure not to bend the coax but other's may not know that.

BTW. I found my problem. The satellite cable was not screwed on to the barrel connector properly attached to the amplifier plate because the factory made the hole to small to allow for the RG6 coax connector to make proper contact because the wood panel was in the way.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Behind the TV Cabinet

thanks! That sounds like an option for the RG8X for the radio. We would probably add a connection in the upper cabinet left of the TV where the TV coax connection is. Our other thought was to come up through the floor under the end table and drill a hole in the end table top and use one of those cable grommet you see on computer desks.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A