User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did the mice get into the ceiling?

Still can't figure out how the mice got into the ceiling, no in the ducts or air conditioner. Anyone else have this happen?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is it really mice - or just sawdust in the light fixtures?

Anyway - as my former Health Inspector always reminded me, mice can get through a hole as small as 1/4". The bones in their skulls can actually slide together to allow them to squeeze through. So if there are holes for wiring, there are passages for mice.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ceiling cavity is full of sawdust. During travels some of it will fall into the light fixtures. If you have mice, there will be droppings somewhere.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had mice in the bedroom ceiling of a previous camper, could hear them scurrying around at njght. I put some glue traps on the floor under the drawers in the kitchen and caught both of them, then sealed up a couple very small openings in the underbelly.
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no way to get at them!! They were not inside the trailer but seem to be running around on the insulation in the bedroom ceiling. No droppings or anything inside! We thought they might have gotten in from the tongue as the front cap has a gap underneath and you can feel paper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unique abilities

Mice do not need an opening to get into a cavity. They have a unique ability to transport themselves through solid walls. There is only one way to keep mice away that is economically effective....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cat-3.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	9353
    Last edited by jeffdawgfan; 08-08-2017 at 09:09 AM. Reason: spelling
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS
    TV 2017 Nissan Titan XD CC Diesel 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had mice in the ceiling of our 312 BHTS....it KILLS me to hear something up there that could be potentially eating through my duct work. I can see, access, and get to everywhere BUT in the ceiling cavity. We located in our unit a drawer that had a couple mice dropping in it....I set 2 traps LOADED with peanut butter....caught 3 in 4 hours. The shear joy of "snap" of the traps made me feel better. Truth is....you're not going to seal every gap, you can't unless you drop the entire underbelly, and go back with steel wool, spray foam, dryer sheets, mouse poisoning, and a 24/7 armed guard....the best you can hope for are mouse traps, peanut butter, and patience. (something I really suck at sometimes!) HAHA
    KILL EM ALL!!!!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce bews View Post
    Still can't figure out how the mice got into the ceiling, no in the ducts or air conditioner. Anyone else have this happen?
    Yes. Our first winter of storage our new rig was infested with mice. Yes I had them in the ceiling. If they can get into the underbelly and up through the floor there are also holes in the walls for plumbing etc. That is how ours got in the ceiling.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most mice come in by the slide piston area. I use stainless steel scouring pads when its parked slides in or out. Haven't had any since. Takes 2 minutes to put them in place just make sure to remove them when moving slides so you don't pull them into underbelly.