Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Partial slider use at rest stops??

So we are pretty new to the whole RV thing, and now wondering about moving the sofa slider out about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way while at rest stops. We make a concerted effort to place things on the left side of the fridge, and into cabinets that can be reached with only this one slider being bumped out just about a foot.

We also make sure we are not on anything but the most level ground when doing this, as I know angles and slants can't be good. But now I am just wondering if anyone else does the same while simply stoping for mins to hours while on the road?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanibel Beemer Fun View Post
    So we are pretty new to the whole RV thing, and now wondering about moving the sofa slider out about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way while at rest stops. We make a concerted effort to place things on the left side of the fridge, and into cabinets that can be reached with only this one slider being bumped out just about a foot.

We also make sure we are not on anything but the most level ground when doing this, as I know angles and slants can't be good. But now I am just wondering if anyone else does the same while simply stoping for mins to hours while on the road?
    Typically, it's recommended that slides be fully extended or fully closed. That said, an occasional partial opening can be done, but no added weight should be put on the slide at those times.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK...so far so good!! I tell myself, if I were to sit or relax on the sofa, i'd never get up and drive again.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is the hydraulic slide you are good, but the schwintek slide (identified by a silver rail on the top and bottom of each side of the slide) is designed to go all the way in or out without stopping, LCI recommends holding the in or out button for 2 - 3 seconds after. I do the same as you do with the hydraulic slide only.

On a side note, if the slide is not fully extended, dont add extra weight (sitting/walking on it). It only supports that extra weight correctly when extended.
    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to verify the state your in allow overnight parking at rest areas. http://beamalarm.com/Documents/state..._policies.html not sure how accurate the list is. Here is a link to each state DOT. https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/about/webstate.cfm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    2018 Imagine 2150RB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]