Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you order a unit with dual pane windows or wish you did/didn't?

I see results on my google search all over the place and not all are newer replies....so thought i would ask here since we are leaning towards the 337.....waiting for dealer to reply with updated price since our visit. So, did you, wish you did, or hate it???? Thanks for your input...

Jim
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had dual pane before, don't this time, will have next time... Enjoy the new RV
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function on the forum you will find a number of recent threads on this topic.

We didn't have time to wait on a custom order so took delivery of our 337 without dual pane windows. As full-timers, we wish we had them, though - mostly for noise and condensation. To deal with the heat issue, we recently had the 3M crystalline window film installed on all the windows. It rejects 90% of the heat that would otherwise come through the windows and is supposed to have a similar effect on heat loss during the winter. The film has made a HUGE difference with the heat and AC situation... we won't know about the cold weather until this winter.

Search on "dual pane" and see what others have said.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm preparing to order a Solitude with dual pane windows. These should be standard. Tired of condensation and hot cold windows. Noise reduction also. Figure dual pane will help with resale value.
    Dealers stock what is cheap and sell high.
    Order what you want, not what the dealer wants to sell you!

Most dealers will say whatever to sell the in stock unit.
    Buyers should expect more their money.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob/OlallaWA View Post
    Had dual pane before, don't this time, will have next time... Enjoy the new RV
    X 2!!! I even went so far as to ask the dealer how much to retrofit......they want $9k. Much, much cheaper to get it up front.

I bought my last 5er (Arctic Fox) off the lot but negotiated for them to order and install the thermal pane windows.....so I had an opportunity to experience the same trailer both ways. I bought this 376TH used (six months old) otherwise, it would definately have thermal pane windows. Since it does not, I just had the ceramic film installed on the inside of the windows to cut down on the heat. It's also supposed to hold heat in (winter time) and hopefully it'll help with minamizing condensation, also. Minimizing the condensation and how much quieter it was inside the trailer were two things I noticed immediatly when they installed the thermal pane in my last trailer.

EDIT** Just read Second Chance' post above. He had the crystaline film added also and is experiencing the same I've noticed since I added the film......it's much more comfortable inside and the A/Cs don't run near as often or near as long.......for those that don't have the thermal pane windows.

Listen, I think anybody that has experienced both with and without thermal pane is going to recommend it to you. I'd be very surprised that somebody that's experienced it both ways (especially in the same trailer, like I did) would recommend against the thermal pane.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our 337 with dual pane windows. Was about $1000 and very happy we did it.......
    Erick & Cyndi Prescott Valley Az. Unless otherwise indicated, Erick is posting...
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW 4WD
    2023 Solitude 310GK, "Pearl"

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered ours with, no regrets and glad we did it. Weve had previous ones without and can note the noise/condensation difference.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered ours with dual pane windows and I'd do it again. No regrets.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we ordered our 2015 305RE, (which was the first RV trailer we have owned), we were talked out of the dual pane windows by a salesman at General RV. He told us that if we were going to be towing a lot, the extra weight was significant. He also felt that the windows were prone to having seal failure from the stress of towing. At the time, because I didn't know any better, I bought what he was telling me. In retrospect, I should have done more research on my own and not relied on a salesman. The lesson I learned is that sales people don't have all the answers.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordofuchs View Post
    ...He told us that if we were going to be towing a lot, the extra weight was significant. He also felt that the windows were prone to having seal failure from the stress of towing.
    We had salesmen tell us the same thing. We even had the west coast sales manager call us and tell us they had the exact 5th wheel we were ordering except for the dual pane windows on a lot at a different location for a better price. He said the same thing about weight, failing seals, etc. I told him no thanks. We waited a few weeks longer to get our rig with the dual pane windows. It was worth the "weight".
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast