Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about the 377RBH....anyone have one?

Hello,

My wife and I are getting ready to purchase an RV in the next 60 days. We are newbies to this but have been researching this purchase off and on for 3 years.

We have looked at the Jayco 377 mid bunk and the Montana High country mid bunk. We are really liking the Grand Deaign 377Rbh but haven't been able to see it in person yet. Our grand design dealer in Atlanta got bought out by coming world and Grand Deaign got pulled. We drove 2 hours yesterday a dealer near Chattanooga but got there and they had sold it. We got to look at other solitudes and were impressed but we still haven't seen the 377rbh in person yet

I have 3 Main questions:

Does anyone own a solitude 377? Thoughts?

What about did pay for it? Our dealer quotes me a 65k sale price off about 89k.

And lastly I already bought a tow vehicle earlier this year. At the time we weren't looking at this much of a coach. I bought a 2007 F350 SRW with 6.0 Diesel. It can 15,500. Payload of 4300 and GAWR of 6900 according to sticker in my door jamb. Most of the weight settings I get show the coach at about 13200? Has anybody weighed theirs yet and can I realistically pull this coach safely? It would be me and DW and 2 daughters 4 and 8.

Thanks a bunch and am looking forward to joining the GD family!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsufan82 View Post
    Hello,

My wife and I are getting ready to purchase an RV in the next 60 days. We are newbies to this but have been researching this purchase off and on for 3 years.

We have looked at the Jayco 377 mid bunk and the Montana High country mid bunk. We are really liking the Grand Deaign 377Rbh but haven't been able to see it in person yet. Our grand design dealer in Atlanta got bought out by coming world and Grand Deaign got pulled. We drove 2 hours yesterday a dealer near Chattanooga but got there and they had sold it. We got to look at other solitudes and were impressed but we still haven't seen the 377rbh in person yet

I have 3 Main questions:

Does anyone own a solitude 377? Thoughts?

What about did pay for it? Our dealer quotes me a 65k sale price off about 89k.

And lastly I already bought a tow vehicle earlier this year. At the time we weren't looking at this much of a coach. I bought a 2007 F350 SRW with 6.0 Diesel. It can 15,500. Payload of 4300 and GAWR of 6900 according to sticker in my door jamb. Most of the weight settings I get show the coach at about 13200? Has anybody weighed theirs yet and can I realistically pull this coach safely? It would be me and DW and 2 daughters 4 and 8.

Thanks a bunch and am looking forward to joining the GD family!
    Im not aware of a 377 rbh???? Maybe you meant the 377 MBS- in which case we have it and love it. We also looked at both Jayco and Keystone options along with Palomino and none were close to the Solitude in fit/finish or quality of build/materials used....and especially customer service.
    65k is a reasonable price, we paid right around that and had them do a few upgrades. We tow with a srw 3500 GMC. Pin weight of loaded rv (16k-20%) is 3200 lbs. Dry weight rv is 14k. We quickly upgraded brakes to electric over hydraulic disc and would highly recommend that if you can swing it.
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I'm sorry I meant 377mbs. Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 377MBS as well and love it. We looked at all the others but this unit was laid out very well. Keystone has some funky stuff going on. There plug in the back, You can not open the storage door when the bedroom slide is out. I think we paid around what you are looking at as well. I just bought mine 4 weeks ago.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preparing 377 order

We are ordering a 377 also.
    Options will include dual pane & heat pump.
    Likely placing order this week.
    I have quotes from many of the same dealers you are likely talking with.
    There is still room in that price.

We looked at the same competitor models and found Grand Design to have a better finish, etc. Some features are a tradeoff.

I'll be pulling with 2016 F350 SRW, sliding hitch, etc.
    We plan to travel light and balance load.
    No generator, empty tanks, leave the kitchen sink...
    Brake upgrade is in the future.

There are some changes for 2018 models.
    Shoot me a msg with email and I will share price research, etc.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PWRSTROKE View Post
    We are ordering a 377 also.
    Options will include dual pane & heat pump.
    Likely placing order this week.
    I have quotes from many of the same dealers you are likely talking with.
    There is still room in that price.

We looked at the same competitor models and found Grand Design to have a better finish, etc. Some features are a tradeoff.

I'll be pulling with 2016 F350 SRW, sliding hitch, etc.
    We plan to travel light and balance load.
    No generator, empty tanks, leave the kitchen sink...
    Brake upgrade is in the future.

There are some changes for 2018 models.
    Shoot me a msg with email and I will share price research, etc.
    Being a newbie to all of this what is the benefit in upgrading the brakes? Are the brakes on the rig not great?

Thanks.....

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, something i was reading last night is that grand design will make changes to the model year in september. Have they released a list of what is potentially about to get changed?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hwktlg8 has a good setup from his signature (below).
    ----
    SRW Airlift bags
    ----

Stock brakes are drum, they get the job done (minimally). Disc brakes are significantly better in terms of stopping distance. Titan seems to be the preferred.
    I've owned Pullrite hitches before. Pullrite 18K SuperGlide 2900 ISR or Demco autoslider.
    In the future, I'll add air bags to level/stabilize the SRW truck. Disc brakes and tire pressure monitors (and possibly independent suspension) once we take longer trips.

Many 2018 model year changes are in production now. There are a few forum posts, but no list that I'm aware of. Dealers are mostly clueless given all the different brands/models they carry. Some have directly lied when they had no idea. I've been in direct contact with Grand Design to clarify questions.
    Distinguishing from rumor vs fact takes time. When I get conflicting information, I called GD as well as visited multiple dealers and crawled in/under the 2018 unit to verify. Take pics as you'll forget.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes...I also recommend the pullrite autoslide hitch if you do a standard length bed. Fits the OEM 5th wheel prep so the whole assembly can be removed leaving a clean bed. We went with the king bed option and res. Fridge when we ordered ours and am happy with those choices. I had suggested on this forum under tech page they (GD) consider moving main thermostat from the bonus room to the kitchen/main area. I made this mod and posted it as well. One thing I did like about the Columbus 377, is it had a fold down bunk on top the love seat in the bonus room ( we have three kids). You did lose the window with this however. Let me know if you all have any other questions..I would be happy to help.
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a 2007 F350 SRW Longbed, from what I understand I wouldn't need the slide hitch correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast