User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BennyJR

ResistAll Protective Coating-Dealer

Has anyone had experience with the ResistAll Protective Coating that many dealers sell? I will be taking delivery of my Solitude 369RL soon and am wondering if its worth the expense or if I should just wax myself every year. I have attached a pdf with all the details of the different add ons the dealer gave me. Trying to decide if its worth the $. ResistAll states a 5-year warranty inside and outside. Interesting concept......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140215175451918.pdf  

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: ResistAll Protective Coating-Dealer

I did a little research and found a site called "ripoff report". They didn't have good things to say about it. There were also several complaints on various sites about the cost and warranty problems with the product. Do a search on "Resistall coating scam". It sounds like a profit generating scheme for the dealers.

BennyJR

[quote author=TucsonJim link=topic=378.msg2535#msg2535 date=1392527796]
    I did a little research and found a site called "ripoff report". They didn't have good things to say about it. There were also several complaints on various sites about the cost and warranty problems with the product. Do a search on "Resistall coating scam". It sounds like a profit generating scheme for the dealers.
    [/quote]

I did find the same things in my search..... I was just curious what other Solitude 369RL owners felt about it. I think I will just stick with waxing it myself. Thank you for the info TucsonJim!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goto eBay and buy some Xzilon, it will probably cost you around $100.00 to protect your trailer. This stuff is amazing, our local new car dealer sells the package which costs like $1200.00 or more. The difference is that through the dealer you get a warranty that covers dings, scratches, etc.. But doing it yourself you will get the protection, and ave some big $$ too. I am considering to do this to my trailer, but would never pay thousands for the dealer to do it for me. Happy Camping with the new trailer!!!
    Korey SE WI
    2014 Denali 3500HD LML DRW 4wd FS Airbags 20k Reese
    2014 Momentum 385TH #1396
    2013 Manitou SES VP 150hp Mercury 4 stroke
    Volunteer Firefighter Since 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

copied from a previous post:

I found a really good product for those who like to wax their rigs themselves. It's called WashWaxAll. Made by Aero Cosmetics. Originally designed for aircraft and approved by Boeing for use on their aircraft. It even meets the Boeing cleaning spec and as a 27 year Boeing employee, that says something in my book. You start with a good clean surface and apply by spray bottle (on the surface or to a soft rag) and you wipe it on then wipe it right off with a clean soft rag. No rubbing. Costs about $28/gallon. I waxed my rig, truck, wifes car, scooter, counter tops and any other surface I could find that takes wax. Used about a quart. I found it lasts at least 4 months if you don't wash it too much. Best part is..........it's easy to apply and remove.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

BennyJR

[quote author=thompsons 369rl link=topic=378.msg2695#msg2695 date=1392869254]
    copied from a previous post:

I found a really good product for those who like to wax their rigs themselves. It's called WashWaxAll. Made by Aero Cosmetics. Originally designed for aircraft and approved by Boeing for use on their aircraft. It even meets the Boeing cleaning spec and as a 27 year Boeing employee, that says something in my book. You start with a good clean surface and apply by spray bottle (on the surface or to a soft rag) and you wipe it on then wipe it right off with a clean soft rag. No rubbing. Costs about $28/gallon. I waxed my rig, truck, wifes car, scooter, counter tops and any other surface I could find that takes wax. Used about a quart. I found it lasts at least 4 months if you don't wash it too much. Best part is..........it's easy to apply and remove.
    [/quote]

Sounds great! Funny you mentioned boeing, I found this video about the xzilon product kordog mentioned.... watch it and tell me what you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mBkZFA9sKk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impressive demo. The only info on Xzlion I've received is from other RVing friends that have used it and other products. The feedback was mostly positive but the biggest complaints were cost and ease of application and removal. So far, all our friends that have used WashWaxAll love it because it's 1) WAY less expensive 2) easy to apply and remove 3) leaves a really nice finish and 4) lasts for several months between applications. I would recommend getting the 2 sided mop they sell. Makes the job go way faster and easier.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

BennyJR

[quote author=thompsons 369rl link=topic=378.msg2717#msg2717 date=1392913330]
    Impressive demo. The only info on Xzlion I've received is from other RVing friends that have used it and other products. The feedback was mostly positive but the biggest complaints were cost and ease of application and removal. So far, all our friends that have used WashWaxAll love it because it's 1) WAY less expensive 2) easy to apply and remove 3) leaves a really nice finish and 4) lasts for several months between applications. I would recommend getting the 2 sided mop they sell. Makes the job go way faster and easier.
    [/quote]

Just ordered... Im sold. Amazon reviews are all 5 stars for WashWaxAll! different story for the others.

sjegee1
    Our dealership wants to apply EcoProRV inside and out..... They say they have to extensively clean the inside and outside and will spray it on all surfaces, cabinets, drawers, carpet,walls,closets, furniture, countertops. Etc.... Basement storage, outside.... Will keep the Rv from fading..... 5 yr warranty. Anyone done this? You can google it..... I don't know how to add a link, sorry.

Jeanette

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We offer the same deal, and it is an applied substance that goes onto the fabrics and exterior.

We don't do it on everything, but fabrics and outside. It is a 5 year policy, that cover stains, rips tears, decals, fading, etc.

We use a different brand, but similar protection.

So far, no claims against it, but it is almost $1000.....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast