User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I have not thought of....until now!!

Ok I camp once or twice a year in parks with no water hookup. Other than hooking up the 5th wheel and pulling down to the fill station half mile away I have always filled my fresh water tank with 3 six gallon jugs you can buy at Walmart. It's very unhandy and hard work but on my old 5th wheel it was just a matter of making 3 trips to the water faucet then coming back and parking the truck near the fill port on the back of my trailer and dumping in the water. The fill port was about 2 inches in diameter and the neck on the jug fit right in. It dumped quickly into the holding tank and then it was back to the fill station. Three trips with three jugs netted me 54 galllons and the tank was full.

Now with my new Reflection with the Nautilus system how do I get the water into the holding tank???? Will the pump pull it from the jug if it is sitting on the ground. That requires a lot of pump lift and I'm not sure that would work. Anybody ever done this??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the Nautilus system pumps from the bottle.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, It's simple. Use the sanitize mode, short piece of hose, shorter is better. I am currently using a Camco 10' model with the one end ground down so I can get it in my water jug to the bottom. You can fill from ground but easier on the pump to raise the water jug on a box, a tote or tailgate. Use the pump switch on the Nautilus. By raising the jug, it takes less strain for pump to move water vertical.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bring a 3 step step stool and set a 5 gallon jug on it. I use a short hose that I cut down and it pumps the water in about 3 minutes. I love the Nautilus system. On my old Keystone Passport I had to pour it in by hand and 5 gallons of water gets a little heavy as I'm not getting any younger.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. I know last Fall when I winterized I have a special hose that will screw on top of a gallon jug the pink stuff comes in but I could not get it to pump in. It seems there is a check valve behind the screen on the hose port. City water pressure will overcome the check valve but gravity feed will not.
    I called my dealer and he told me to turn the cone shaped screen around backwards and that would open the check valve. I did this and it worked but of course I was holding the gallon of pink antifreeze up very high. I just was thinking that I could not hold 6 gallon of water chest high for very long so the pump needs to do part of the work. I shall take a two step ladder to set the jugs on!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to use 6 water jugs, but now I use a 60 gal water bladder. Mo betta!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why pump it into the water tank? You will have to use your pump twice, once to put water in the tank and again to pump it to your faucets. Why not use the winterize mode instead of sanitize? You can set the 6 gal container inside your basement with the hose inside, set it to winterize and use the water directly from the container.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for reference here's a different scenario. In Quartszite we haul fresh water in a 50 gallon drum and pump it in with a second water pump. For full timers or remote campers it's good to carry a backup water pump. For the record we also carry a backup converter/charger. If you lose either of those parts it shuts down your camper. All other components have a work around. YMMV

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually