User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New ... Looking at Grand Design Imagine TT

Hi folks. My name is Phil. I'm here looking for information from current owners. My wife and I are looking at either a new Imagine 2500RL or 2600RB. Would appreciate any feedback from current owners that would help us make our decision (either positive or negative). I love the TT floorplans and what I perceive and is sold as the quality of the build. Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give!

Phil

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2950RL not too big, not too small. We are both overweight. The only thing is the shower is cramped for husband. Very well built. Simple to fix (I would rather fix small issues than have my TT in a service bay for a month. Nothing problematic really that a fix can't be found on a forum. We changed wheels and tires to a better brand. Also we installed Maxxair vent covers.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Phil! Grand Design build real nice trailers! I don't have a TT, but a huge fifth wheel. It has served us well for nearly three years
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks. I appreciate the feedback. Still hoping to get something specific to the 2500 and 2600. We're looking at a Crossroads Sunset Trail 254RB and a Keystone Premier 26RBPR as our other options. I guess we're looking for someone to tell us what the "best" option is for us. :>) I know it's not that simple, but feedback from current owners on their thoughts would be awesome!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Phil,
    We just purchased the 2500RL and so far we are really happy with it. One of the main reasons we liked this floorplan is having the bathroom be the full width of the trailer. Not having a hallway cut off the bathroom makes it feel much more usable and comfortable, and both models you mentioned offer that feature. There's not much really to differentiate the two models other than where the bathroom sits. For us, the 2500RL layout made the living area feel much more open and bright since you have the back wall window. I can see how some folks might not like having to walk through the bathroom to get to the bedroom, but since it's mostly just my wife and I travelling, we were fine with that. Best of luck to you.

Chris

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Join the Grand Design Imagine Facebook group also - lots of owners there to also give opinions.
    The #1 thing to consider is your dealer. Call now to find out how booked up they are for appointments. Ask around about quality of work.
    BUT - the outstanding thing about Grand Design is how they stand behind the product. MANY manufacturers will not take calls from customers with issues - they refer to the dealer, and that is it. Grand Design will work with you to get your problem fixed, whether it is via GD dealer you bought from, another GD dealer, a totally 3rd party dealer (except Camping World), or a mobile tech. Most RV's are pretty good, but none are perfect. And any brand can have really bad ones. But it is how they respond to the issues that really counts. Grand Design is the best at that, period.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)