Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weight sheet - street side 500# heavier

I'm surprised that the street side of my 337RLS is 500 lbs heavier than the curb side since the curb side has 2 slides. I would think the kitchen slide would be the heaviest.

See attached.

Jerry

Click For Full-Size Image
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3463.jpg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry - Your attachment is not readable . . . but maybe you are mixing up street & curb ? The last time I looked, the two slides on a 337 were on the street/left/port side . This includes the stove, fridge, pantry and storage around the TV. Then, you fill all these storage spaces and travelling weight difference side-to-side is likely over 800 lbs.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,

Duh! This is embarrassing. Of course you are right, I was turned around.

https://m.imgur.com/8f5p0Pp

Jerry
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time we did a wheel-by-wheel weight (Escapees' SmartWeigh), our street side was 1,100 lbs. heavier than the curb side - but we're loaded for full-timing (read full pantry and fridge with extra equipment in the entertainment center).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have concentrated on loading our 337RLS so that heavier items are on the curb side, including the basement. With camper ready for travel, except for fridge food and some pantry stuff (sigh, street side), we were still at only 500 lbs. heavy on the street side.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the 376TH I would think the street side is going to be heavier due to three slides on the street side and only two slides on the curb side. The big slide on the street side has the side by side refer/freezer, range, microwave, etc. I would be very surprised if the street side wasn't significantly heavier.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
    We have concentrated on loading our 337RLS so that heavier items are on the curb side, including the basement. With camper ready for travel, except for fridge food and some pantry stuff (sigh, street side), we were still at only 500 lbs. heavy on the street side.
    We do the same in our basement and front storage area but other than the small cabinet area over the theater seating and cabinets over the rear couch (which we load more heavy on the curb side) the 303 does not have other curb side storage areas. With your 337 you have the BR dresser and maybe cabinet storage above the dresser too but how else do you load more weight to the curb side and what types of items ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Standing the trailer up straighter side-to-side with stronger springs on the left side of the 303 or spacer blocks on the left side of the 337, shifts the whole center-of-gravity towards the right and seems to redistribute about a hundred pounds towards the right side. Not much . . . but significant because this weight is coming off the left side. We also use the space behind the recliners for large bags of dog food.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    With the 376TH I would think the street side is going to be heavier due to three slides on the street side and only two slides on the curb side. The big slide on the street side has the side by side refer/freezer, range, microwave, etc. I would be very surprised if the street side wasn't significantly heavier.
    My left side was 630 lbs heavier when delivered to my dealer from Grand Design. After loading the trailer I would guess it's closer to 1000 now.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    We do the same in our basement and front storage area but other than the small cabinet area over the theater seating and cabinets over the rear couch (which we load more heavy on the curb side) the 303 does not have other curb side storage areas. With your 337 you have the BR dresser and maybe cabinet storage above the dresser too but how else do you load more weight to the curb side and what types of items ?

Dan
    Besides trying to get most of our cargo weight on the curb side, we have also concentrated on keeping the weight to the back of our trailer to keep the pin weight manageable. We went from a 20.2% pin weight to a 21.1% pin weight with the trailer loaded for camping, but as stated before nothing in the fridge. We also added a heavy bike rack (Yakima LongHaul for RVs) to the receiver hitch along with 2 mountain bikes that should take a couple more pounds off of the pin weight.

Front compartment. Just light stuff up there like our charcoal grill, along with some charcoal on the curb side, and a few other small items.

Basement: The little angle alcove on the rear curb side, I keep a small compressor there, along with a bottle jack. On that side from the back forward I keep my tool box, 6 chairs (including heavy zero gravity chairs), our patio rug, a parts bin, and some battery powered tools. We keep Anderson levelers, 2 packs of Lynx Levelers, and our chock blocks in the step down part of the curb side basement. On the street side, I have 1 tub full of drinking water hoses, and a tub with sewer fittings............with 2 sealed tubs I am counting on none of those nasty little germs from the sewer fittings finding their way to the water hoses. .

Bedroom: Even though the missus is much smaller than me, she uses the curb side part of the closet, and she carries 2 times the clothes that I do. We also fill up the curb side dresser. Under the bed is packed full of stuff, including the dinette folding chairs, Joy’s winter clothes, an electric heater, a vacuum cleaner and some other stuff (with the bed slide in, that should be mostly on the curb side.

Kitchen hutch: We try to store our plastic ware near the street side wall, and Correlle Ware at the opposite end.

Living room area. Over the curb side theater seating is our library.....books can be heavy. Over the couch cabinet curb side is some inside parts and tools, our liquor cabinet, and on the street side is extra sheets and blankets. On the street side lower cabinet we have 12, ½ gals of drinking water stored there in plastic trays (in case of any leakage)…………..6 gals of water is about 50 lbs. The opposite cabinet has a yoga mat, hiking poles, and a couple of other small items. Under the couch on the curb side is a fairly heavy screen porch, and we also store our extra carton of drinks there. The street side is extra bedding.

We have not weighed with fridge stuff and fully ready for camping, but hopefully these small steps will keep the pin weight and street side weights manageable. I will try to remember to post back to this thread once I get a ready to camp weight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast