Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of a Toy Hauler

So I'm going to look at a Momentum 380 this evening. This would be our second fifth wheel, have a 2010 Sabre now and the repairs and double pulling a 12 foot trailer with Golf cart is wearing on me. Anyone had issues with the double axle? Friends have Toy Haulers with triple axles it seems the 380 is just as big as theirs (Don't get me wrong, I would prefer dual axles, maneuvering 3 axles seems to try to rip the camper apart). Next up, where do you put clothes for the peeps staying in the "Garage". I have a 6 and a 8 year old and want their stuff out of my bedroom!

Thanks is advance

Traveling Piper
    Get one of those plastic rollaround drawer things. They work great for extra storage and can be moved easily to make room for toys while traveling.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the GD is out. There were things the 2015 didn't have. The 2016 amenities we like, but I really wanted the dual axles. And the white exterior is a deal breaker.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The triple is really not a problem unless you are making really tight turns. It also provides more weight capacity with three 7,000 lb vs. two 8,000 lb. axles.

Very happy with my 385.

(I just set up a small table for guests to put stuff on in the garage)
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GHBG35 View Post
    Looks like the GD is out. There were things the 2015 didn't have. The 2016 amenities we like, but I really wanted the dual axles. And the white exterior is a deal breaker.
    White is a much better color if you go into hot climates. We liked the brown/beige too, but find we like the white better.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear you've decided against the Momentum, but welcome to the forum anyway!

Steve

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well in true fashion
    , we are back in on the momentum. But we are trying to switch out the dinette. 2 seatsis kind of a problem. We will see