User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Picked up 320

Gdon320

Picked up 320

Wow! We just picked up our new 320 today and we are so excited to get going. We will be going out on our maiden voyage next weekend and getting more familiar with everything. We are both a little overwhelmed but so excited to get going. So any advice anyone can offer is always welcome.

Thanks everyone.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the family!! Is this your first RV, or are you looking for Grand Design specific advice?
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

notnsuv
    I've been in various "RVs" for years from a 1967 FAN 16' that I still use for hunting to 23' Wilderness, 27' Prowler and an Eagle Cap 950 overhead camper. The 303 I picked up yesterday is my 1st fiver. My advice to myself is to GO SLOW with everything I play with, from hitching/unhitching, landing gear, stabilizer, awning, plumbing, everything. It's easier now that I'm a bit older but still have to remind myself to slow down and triple check my 'work' since most of my stupid mistakes were because I was rushed or distracted. Probably the best advice I could offer. That and ask a fellow camper if there's one around.. even if they giggle at your ignorance but your issue or dilemma gets resolved, who cares about a little embarrassment.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent advice.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gdon320
    Thank you everyone and yes this is our first one, so any and all advice is always good. I have been telling myself just that to slow down and just relax. Just on the way home I got to drive from a large interstate and then to a back country road, so I just kept reminding myself to go slow and easy. I did have so problem with the unhitch lever for the tow hitch. It is broken inside after just using it twice so that will be dealt with tomorrow. Kind of difficult to unhitch when the jaws don't release but, hey it's all good. Some creative use of a couple of bungee cords to hold the lever where it disengages the jaws and "poof" I'm unhooked.
    Thank you again everyone!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you pick a great 5th wheel, we have one and love it, only camped a total of 23 nites on two trips but have more planned. the only problem was with the awning not going all the way out and stopped but returned closed at the dealer now getting fixed,over 1200 miles travel and pulls great hope you have the same great travels as we have. best of luck and safe travels

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Gdon320 and congrats on the new 320!

Steve