User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with Norcold refridgerator!!

I have had two problems with my new Norcold fridge in my Reflection 27RL. The first one is the light does not come on when you open the door. The problem is rather intermittent and gets worse with time. If I turn the fridge off with the button on the front and then turn it back on the light works..........for a few opening then it stops again. The dealer has looked at it twice and both times it was working so they can't fix what is "not broken." Very annoying problem!

The second thing I have had is the front panel becomes concave shaped and pops out of the edge molding. You can see the aluminum sheet is glued to a fiber board of some type and the board warps. It was replaced once already but the new one is doing the same thing. What type of material is the factory using on the back of the aluminum face?? Humidity, temperature or something is causing this board to warp and become concave shaped!! Very cheap shoddy product to put in a $50k RV!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am new to the forum. I sent you two messages not sure if I did things correct but I had a light problem with our 2016 27rl. You most likely have a bad Optical board. It is located in the box were the On / Off is. It's a small circuit board that is simple to change. The boards sends a signal that reads a metal plate in the top of the bottom door telling the light to stay on or off. When you first turn your fridge on the lights stays on for ninety seconds the goes into open/ close mode. You have a two year warranty on the fridge I was out of my one year warranty and called GD and explained my issue and the got me a new board. If I can help more contact me. Our fridge model is n811VFLT
    Last edited by 242 checkmate; 08-29-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your input. I'm a hands on do it yourselfer type of guy and will certainly look into this. Taking it to the dealer 32 miles away for a simple problem they can't fix is not going to happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem with my Norcold light. It has been intermittent since we bought it. Since the dealer could not duplicate it I assumed I would be able to just wait for it to go out completely then take it in. To my surprise I was told the unit is now out of warranty. I called GD and was told that my one year warranty had expired (literally days ago). I said, does it not matter that this has been an issue since our first camping trip? I was told that since my dealer did not forward something to GD, I am SOL. Really? My 29RS is a 2017 and this is a pre-existing condition. Unbelievable to me that I have to go through so much trouble for something that should have been found in GD quality control.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest you contact Norcold and see what the manufacturer warranty is. Your owners manual may tell you what the warranty is just like many other appliances you have, have more warranty then the one year GD warranty. Your problen might be your labor part from GD is one year but the parts on some things I believe are two years. That Optical board is Very easy to change if that's your problem, that was mine. If you have a two year warranty GD can get the part if they want, they are showing they are doing the work possibly not getting paid from Norcold but can get the part at no charge. I also could be all wrong they got my board but I did complain to GD once about the light, I never took our 27RL to the dealer for any repair work, we figured out how the light worked, it was a little time consuming because of the why the light was working sounds like the same problem we had you have. Our new board was sent to us I believe from GD as they got the part it took about a month to get it. Did the dealer bill GD to trouble shoot your light even though a problem wasn't found at that time? Something to check into ask the dealer if they billed GD for looking at the light or check your paper work to see if it's on the work order to check the light. If you dealer gave you a freebie then think about climbing GD corporate later. Just a thought! Good Luck