User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion DV3100 Static on Audio and Video when playing DVDs, also Fireplace issue.

Hi Everyone,

I just got my 2017 GD Reflection in May of this year. Since I got it, anytime I try to play a DVD I get jumpy lines across the screen and static-y sound. I have this on 2 different TVs (I put my own JVC TV in after a while). I pulled the unit out of the wall to look at the connects, and while it was plugged in a little weird (yellow on a different row than the red and white), it worked the same as when I plugged them all into the same row. I also tried plugging into the additional set of output plugs that are dangling off the side of the unit, same result. Then I found some additional cords - the standard red white yellow, and tried that in case it was the cord. Same issue. Then I tried a component cord (green blue red) but there aren't the right plug spots available on the back of the Furrion, but I tried several configurations anyway. Didn't work.

I can get rid of the audio static by just muting my RV and having the sound only come out of the surround sound system. But the screen is still full of jumpy lines. Very annoying.

Any suggestions? I have submitted the complaint to Furrion but no response yet. I also called Grand Design and just got forwarded to the regional service manager's voicemail, and left a message. It's driving me nuts! I'm trying to do Yoga, and it is not at all relaxing and stress-reducing with this happening.

On another note, I have an issue with the Fireplace. When I turn it on, I can see the heating element get hot, but no fan comes on and it shuts down after a few seconds. Then I can't turn it on again until it cools off. I've tried every setting possible, all the same issues.

Thanks for your help!
    Mary

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDinAZ View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I just got my 2017 GD Reflection in May of this year. Since I got it, anytime I try to play a DVD I get jumpy lines across the screen and static-y sound. I have this on 2 different TVs (I put my own JVC TV in after a while). I pulled the unit out of the wall to look at the connects, and while it was plugged in a little weird (yellow on a different row than the red and white), it worked the same as when I plugged them all into the same row. I also tried plugging into the additional set of output plugs that are dangling off the side of the unit, same result. Then I found some additional cords - the standard red white yellow, and tried that in case it was the cord. Same issue. Then I tried a component cord (green blue red) but there aren't the right plug spots available on the back of the Furrion, but I tried several configurations anyway. Didn't work.

I can get rid of the audio static by just muting my RV and having the sound only come out of the surround sound system. But the screen is still full of jumpy lines. Very annoying.

Any suggestions? I have submitted the complaint to Furrion but no response yet. I also called Grand Design and just got forwarded to the regional service manager's voicemail, and left a message. It's driving me nuts! I'm trying to do Yoga, and it is not at all relaxing and stress-reducing with this happening.

On another note, I have an issue with the Fireplace. When I turn it on, I can see the heating element get hot, but no fan comes on and it shuts down after a few seconds. Then I can't turn it on again until it cools off. I've tried every setting possible, all the same issues.

Thanks for your help!
    Mary
    Many of us have replaced the Furrion systems altogether with better equipment. If your rig is still under warranty, deal directly with Grand Design and they will probably just replace the unit.

Sounds like your fan motor is bad in the fireplace or there is a controller problem on the circuit board. You could try opening up the fireplace (easy to remove and take off the back) and see if the wires going to the fan motor are plugged into the circuit board. Otherwise, just have GD replace the fireplace - especially if it's under warranty (we're on our second fireplace... and I had to repair it myself shortly after arrival).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, thanks Rob! I have a call in to the regional service mgr from GD, so hopefully he will help me get new ones. I haven't pulled the fireplace out yet, but will try that first. Don't need it right now in AZ, but I will want it this winter! And in the meantime for the DVD player, I'm just planning to buy a cheap external DVD player from Walmart so at least the lines don't drive me crazy in the meantime until I can get the Furrion replaced.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kids got us a new Blu Ray player for the house so the old one got recycled to the trailer. I don't have a sound bar but with some finagling I got the Blu Ray to play through the Furrion.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK