Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drracer View Post
    Thank you very much! I will be towing this with a military FMTV. It won't squat much, but now I know I'll have to get a custom hitch put in.
    Surely you jest!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vonzoog, what kind of air bag system are you going to install? I have a 2015 F350 2wd dully and I am a bit nose heavy with the trl. I have a comfort ride hitch and have been thinking about doing the same thing to try to level the trl out when traveling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

James & Suzy 2015 F350 Platinum 2wd DW, 2005 Road King, 2017 GD376TH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by james3406 View Post
    vonzoog, what kind of air bag system are you going to install? I have a 2015 F350 2wd dully and I am a bit nose heavy with the trl. I have a comfort ride hitch and have been thinking about doing the same thing to try to level the trl out when traveling.
    I will be going with the Firestone brand. Had them on my previous truck for nearly 10 years and never had a problem. Their are other brands that get good reviews and I'm sure you will be happy with.

I installed them myself in about an hour and a half. I did not and do not plan on purchasing the electric air pump and gauges. It's nice but not necessary. Once you find the level spot (PSI) for your trailer, that is all you need to know. On my previous toy hauler I would run it at 75 PSI. If I loaded and took my Harley along, then 55 PSI worked fine. More weight aft of the axles and less weight on the hitch. When not towing I would keep 6 to 8 PSI in the bags (recommended). Made for a smoother ride without the jar of the metal springs taking the jolt of the bumps. I also added a T-fitting to join both airlines together. This makes for one air valve fitting to fill the bags and keep both bags equal in pressure. The kit comes with a two valve set up so that you can adjust weight from side to side. Not needed on a fifth wheel set up. The guys with the truck campers seem to fine this of value.

If you do your own install you must make sure that you make nice perpendicular cuts on all the airlines at the fittings or else they may leak. The bags don't leak, it the fittings if you do not make a nice clean cut. They sell a tool for this at around 20 bucks but it is not necessary.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still curious about the actual pin height (bottom of pin to ground) for a level 5th wheel GD.

GD would design all of the Reflection line with the same pin height because it uses the same specs for the frame/axels/wheels. There should be a standard height.

I'll figure out what the truck will squat based on my 5th wheel experience.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do plan to install an air bag hitch on that beast - talk to Jack at RVH Lifestyles about the ET hitch. As far as I'm concerned it's the best out there. Many of us that run HDT's have the ET hitch installed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12