User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New guy here 2018 imagine 2600 RL

Looking for a some pointers on a couple things...
    I bought my GD a month ago and am staying in it during the week when I'm away working. I bought it in Erie Pa and pulled it to Lisbon Ohio where I'm currently working. I bought the anti sway bar kit, it pulled good. I'm looking to see what kinda mattresses people are upgrading to.. this one isn't very comfy for a 250 lb guy.. also wanted to know what are some good recommendations for roof maintenance.. I have used geocel in the past and I still have some of that left.. and how about sealant.. the slide has a metal trim piece that hold the seal in and it was missing a screw and looked slightly separated on the front side facing the tongue.. I bought some gorilla silicone and squirted it in there just for temporary.. once the weather dries out I will probably pull the metal trim and redo the seal but what is the correct sealant to put behind there..?
    And why won't this dang oven stay lit! 😆
    Thanks in advance 🍻

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel1977 View Post
    Looking for a some pointers on a couple things...
    I bought my GD a month ago and am staying in it during the week when I'm away working. I bought it in Erie Pa and pulled it to Lisbon Ohio where I'm currently working. I bought the anti sway bar kit, it pulled good. I'm looking to see what kinda mattresses people are upgrading to.. this one isn't very comfy for a 250 lb guy.. also wanted to know what are some good recommendations for roof maintenance.. I have used geocel in the past and I still have some of that left.. and how about sealant.. the slide has a metal trim piece that hold the seal in and it was missing a screw and looked slightly separated on the front side facing the tongue.. I bought some gorilla silicone and squirted it in there just for temporary.. once the weather dries out I will probably pull the metal trim and redo the seal but what is the correct sealant to put behind there..?
    And why won't this dang oven stay lit! ��
    Thanks in advance ��
    Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your Imagine. The sealing procedure you outlined sounds reasonable. I'm not familiar with the material used on the roof of your coach. It's best to match roof sealant with the roof material.

As far as the mattress goes, a topper might be enough, if you're going to spend a lot of time on the mattress, you might want to invest in a whole new unit.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The previous owner of ours put in a Sleep Number mattress. Love it.
    Rich
    '16 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4x4 / '21 Imagine 2600RB
    The Journey Is The Destination