User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

water hose and nautilus system "disconnect" and (why not)... water hoses and filters?

Hi all... waiting on my 303rls build and have been internet researching. Stumbled across "Bob's Guides" : (https://bobsguides.com/rv-water-hoses.html) and he suggested having a short section of hose from the command center that would reach through the bottom port with a quick connect on the end. You would then pull the hose section through the port, and then connect your water hose there. The thought being that you are not connecting/reconnecting to the command center (nautilus) and wearing out that fitting. Does anyone do this? Is it worth the cost of an extra section of hose?

Next, on another forum, I saw lots of recommendations for water hoses from the rvwaterfilterstore.com Thoughts on those hoses.

Finally, is a whole house filter the way to go? I was actually considering an under sink mount with a separate spigot for the filtered water. I'm not sure I need to filter the water in the shower... or do I?

Thanks for the help!

... Line
    2018 mid-year 303 RLS
    2017 Ram 2500 Diesel
    B&W slider for ram puck system

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extended hose connection: I cut a piece of old hose and made and extender to stick out the bottom. I had problems with leaving the "port" open where the hose goes through. First problem was my extra washers and connector would fall out. Second problem was dust and dirt would get up inside and make a mess. I quit using it.

What I did do was get brass quick connects and a 90 degree elbow. I put the elbow on the water connection so when the hose is connected it goes straight down, I believe this takes some of the pressure off of the connection. With the quick connect I shove the hose end through the hole and then clip the quick connects together. I close the access port during travel. It has the benefit of not trying to squeeze myself into the box to connect the hose.

As far as filters go, I installed a reverse osmosis filter system, then discovered that it takes 3 gallons of water to make 1 filtered gallon, the excess was going into my holding tank. That didn't last long. Took it out and installed a two canister filter on the kitchen sink. I only have a sand filter on the rest of the house. We have been a few places with really bad tasting water, but none of it was ever unhealthy for the short time we have stayed there.

The idea of extending the water hose is good for the cable TV connection. I hated squeezing myself into the box to blindly attempt to connect a cable TV cable. So I bought a coupling connector and a 6' cable and installed that. Now the rare occasion when we connect to an RV Parks cable TV I just stick the end out of the access hole and have plenty of room to make the connection.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nctouring View Post
    ...Next, on another forum, I saw lots of recommendations for water hoses from the rvwaterfilterstore.com Thoughts on those hoses.

Finally, is a whole house filter the way to go? I was actually considering an under sink mount with a separate spigot for the filtered water. I'm not sure I need to filter the water in the shower... or do I?

Thanks for the help!

... Line
    I bought a hose and dual canister water filter setup from the RV Water Filter Store. VERY happy with both. For the water filter setup- my first filter is a 10" 1 micron sediment filter. The second filter is a 10" Class I .5 micron block carbon filter. I filter all the water going into the RV. I did this simply because I didn't want to mess with tapping into the lines under the sink. It was much easier. I later added a portable water softener because the water in Palm Springs was hard and it left deposits in ice cubes. I also didn't want to plug up the espresso machine and shower heads, etc.

This is the water softener I use:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The water first goes into the water softener then into the sediment filter then the carbon filter then an adjustable pressure regulator. Works great. We have soft water that we can drink from the tap wherever we go.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a whole hose filter in our 313rlts inside the front storage compartment. It stays connected to the Nautilus system, a 90 degree el on the incoming side attaches to the water house.
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GnL RV specialties has been at all 4 of the GD Indiana rallies and are great people to deal with. They don't sell hoses but do sell water softeners, Filters and WashWaxAll and a few other items. Filtering your water system will help not only you but lengthen the life of your water heater .
    http://www.gnlrvspecialties.com
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/