Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto Leveling

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Just throwing ideas out there, it could be possible the pressure switch isnt closing, maybe some debris or a malfunction, and allowing hydraulic fluid to actuate the jack even when not needed.

Have you tried doing a complete shutdown, hook up the truck, raise all jacks, completely disconnect your trailer 12v and converter if on shore power, then reconnect power, dosconnect and try again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Thank you for your input . I don't think it is a valve hanging up because the leg with the problem goes up and down fine and stops , I tried hooking it back up to the truck start over but still did the same thing !!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you did the cpmplete restart of the system and tried again with same results i would def. give GD a call. Depending who you speak too will determine the outcome, some will say goto the dealer, others are more willing to help on the phone. Ive had more of the help on the phone vs goto dealer experiences. Let us know what GD tells you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd give LCI a call. They have good customer service
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sptrucksbyed View Post
    Thank you for your input . I don't think it is a valve hanging up because the leg with the problem goes up and down fine and stops , I tried hooking it back up to the truck start over but still did the same thing !!
    Be sure you try a complete power down. Disconnect truck, shore power AND battery. Then try again. Just in case it works.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have tried every thing suggested to me and it still does the same thing ?? I'm going to be at the Nor Cal Rally this weekend so I'll ask the rep's from GD , LCI and B&B RV if they have any thoughts on what the problem can be !!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=sptrucksbyed;127214]I have a new 2018 398M and when I use the Auto Level it all starts out good and it seems to level out then out of now where it will extend one of the center legs out and lift the whole side of the trailer off the ground !!

Update !!
    I finally had time to take the trailer into the dealer and they were able to solve the problem , what the told me it was is that the rear sensor what mounted in the wrong direction !!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure wither to laugh or cry over that. Glad you have it fixed.
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sptrucksbyed View Post
    I have a new 2018 398M and when I use the Auto Level it all starts out good and it seems to level out then out of now where it will extend one of the center legs out and lift the whole side of the trailer off the ground !!

Update !!
    I finally had time to take the trailer into the dealer and they were able to solve the problem , what the told me it was is that the rear sensor what mounted in the wrong direction !!
    Now that you mention it... I remember the LCI guys talking about it at the Nor Cal Rally. Seems some sensors were loose, some were wrong direction and some actually laying on the coroplast. Good thing to check first if resets and such don't correct problems.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having an issue with the front landing gear "popping" as we sit here on the site....

First noticed it several evenings ago, as we sat outside and it didn't seem like a big deal, but this evening as I sit in the trailer, I've felt a slight "movement" when
    I've heard the "popping" noise.
    I'm guessing that it's an issue with maybe air in the hydraulic lines for the front landing gear?

Any remedies?
    2019 Solitude 380FL
    Parked in Fort Myers
    Our Winter Wonderland

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to add a quart of “anti-stiction” fluid to you hydraulic fluid. Many threads about it. Search popping leveling.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast