Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wired for Roof Satellite and Solar

Looking at a 310GK. Can you get it pre-wired for a roof top satellite dish and roof top solar panels?
    Les & Heidi Kramer
    2010 GMC Sierra SLE & 2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
    Cleveland, OH

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

If this is a unit that was produced after May of 2017, then there is an access panel on the roof to run wiring for the satellite dish.
    There is a plug for the solar panels under the goose neck, not on the roof.

Missy
    Mailing & Shipping Address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN 46540
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

Contact us:
    - Call Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Send a fax to (574) 825-9249
    - Or email: [email protected]

*For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name and phone number.*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to tell where to mount the satellite dish in relation to the access panel?

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman40 View Post
    Is there a way to tell where to mount the satellite dish in relation to the access panel?
    No, there isn't a specific place to mount the satellite. This would be at your discretion.
    Mailing & Shipping Address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN 46540

Contact us:

*For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name and phone number.*

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDRV Missy View Post
    Hi,

If this is a unit that was produced after May of 2017, then there is an access panel on the roof to run wiring for the satellite dish.
    There is a plug for the solar panels under the goose neck, not on the roof.

Missy
    Do all units that were produced after May have this panel? My 377MBS-R has a July 17 build date and I cant seem to find any type of panel anywhere on the roof.

Jim
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missy,

I just bought a Momentum build date of July 25, 2017. I have been up on the roof to inspect (and make sure I could make it up the ladder....LOL) and I don't recall seeing anything that would make me think there is an access panel up there. How do I locate the panel?
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    Missy,

I just bought a Momentum build date of July 25, 2017. I have been up on the roof to inspect (and make sure I could make it up the ladder....LOL) and I don't recall seeing anything that would make me think there is an access panel up there. How do I locate the panel?
    There is a plate on the roof located in close proximity to the antenna, if you have one. It's not a very big a plate that would be covered in roof sealant. The satellite access panels are on the Solitude and Momentum lines.

Contact us:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDRV Missy View Post
    There is a plate on the roof located in close proximity to the antenna, if you have one. It's not a very big a plate that would be covered in roof sealant. The satellite access panels are on the Solitude and Momentum lines.

Ok, thanks. This is a great feature. I actually saw the plate that was covered. I honestly thought that in production a mistake was made and that plate was a repair job to cover the mistake. I apologize for even thinking GD would allow this to pass inspection. Now instead of a new customer scratching his head in disbelief, I am now a true happy camper. I do plan on installing a Winegard Trav'ler in the future.

Missy, ,you state that it is a panel to run cables. So there is no prewired cables in place, only a place to run the cables through. Correct?
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is correct

Contact us:

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Solidute 310 and the access panel on the roof for satelite is above the garage. There is label on the roof of your garage to identify access channel, after removing the aluminum panel about 4" square you have to fish around for the channel going down. Mine was 4" toward the center of the RV, this is how I ran my solar panel wires. I purchased a plastic solar access panel for the two cables, now that I'm looking to expand to 600-800 watts I'll probably use an exterior electrical box. Hank

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast