User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I opened my roof access plate on my 2020 373fb and i could only find a small hole with other wires going through it and no obvious area to access the chase from the inside. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be another hole or if I can access this from the inside of my camper? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 373fb-Colorado View Post
    I opened my roof access plate on my 2020 373fb and i could only find a small hole with other wires going through it and no obvious area to access the chase from the inside. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be another hole or if I can access this from the inside of my camper? Thanks in advance.
    On my 2019 373FB, the access hole is on the ceiling of the cargo bay on the curb side. Mine had a sticker on it that said something like "Sat access". The BIG problem on mine is there is no conduit from the roof to this hole in the basement. You have to fish the wires and in my case it was not easy. To make matters worse, the access "channel" ran right behind the light switch in the bathroom and while trying to fish wires I ended up disconnecting the wire from the back of the light switch.

I ended up removing the light switch in the bathroom and fishing a wire from the roof down to that location. I then fished a wire from the light switch down to the basement.

I'm really glad GDRV added the roof access panel and the hole in the basement but the execution was lousy IMO. A simple piece of conduit from the roof to the basement would have made all the difference in the world.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That should be the correct hole. Try snaking a small wire through the hole and see if you can located it inside.

Om my Momentum the hole under the plate wasn’t more than 1 to 1 1/2 inch. This entered into the chase that ran down along the wall (inside in my living room area) to the basement area. Screws held the chase together allowing one panel of the chase to be removed allowing you to route the cable/wires down to the basement area.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by vonzoog; 06-30-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 397th was suppose to have it and it didnt. I drilled down in between bedroom and kitchen wall down back of cable hook ups . Then put in a powered splitter and wired all 4 tvs

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hole to run cables into the garage of me Solitude 310 was 1.5" toward the center of the roof, not exactly below the roof plate. Inside the roof of my garage there was a Satellite cable sticker showing where the cable chase is located.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my solitude I plan to use this for solar panel wiring. So you are saying that there is no conduit, just an open space with designated holes at each end?
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No conduit just a space between the 2x4s though with I ran 6 gauge wire to a combiner box for my solar panels. I have 3 345watt panels in parallel. Ive measured up to 700 watts mid day at about 35 volts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a 2020 which has a satellite access on the roof but no hole drilled out to the basement, this is frustrating because now I have to drill a hole myself and hope I don’t drill into the bathroom or bedroom.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkeytaste View Post
    I just bought a 2020 which has a satellite access on the roof but no hole drilled out to the basement...
    Which model did you get? My 2020 Solitude 310GK had a hole in the basement but when I removed the access panel on the roof, there was no hole up there. I had to drill that myself. Also, there was no conduit between the roof and basement. When I drilled the hole in the roof directly under the access plate, it came out in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom! I better stop writing before I say something nasty about the design...
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345