Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection tri-fold Sofa comfort

My wife and I purchased a new 2017 Reflection 30BH from our dealer lot in December 2016. We love our camper and since we are campground hosts at a Pennsylvania State Park we camped the entire summer in our Reflection. The main reason that we purchased a bunk house model was because our kids and grandkids like to come and camp with us, in addition to occasional visits from other family and friends.
    Every overnight adult visitor that we have had, not so much the grandchildren, complained regarding the downhill slope (toward the head end) of the tri-fold sofas (we have two in the 30BH). This subject has been discussed on this forum quite extensively with a variety of owner solutions offered. Today I stopped by my GD dealer and had a very short list of things that needed attention between now and expiration of our warranty. When I mentioned the tri-fold issue, there was a smile and a comment that this was the second time today he had heard this complaint.
    I suspect that when our dealer has our unit in his shop the diagnosis will be that it is as designed, and therefore not defective. What I would very much appreciate would be a GD recommendation that works consistently to make the tri-fold level and comfortable, even if it is at owner cost.
    Thank you
    Monroe & Miriam Roberts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how this was missed when designed.

I ended up cutting an inch off of the legs and re drilling the bolt wholes to level it out. It very close to level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you please explain your fix? Which legs to cut? Where are the bolts that need to be moved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Carl and Diane - Arkansas
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
    2020 CHEVY 2500 HIGH COUNTRY DURAMAX
    Companion 5th wheel

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyar1 View Post
    Would you please explain your fix? Which legs to cut? Where are the bolts that need to be moved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Lukyar1 - See this thread and the others that are linked to it . . . https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ght=Pull+couch

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the reply. information was helpful. now i need to see if can improve our sofa.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just came from the Rally in Goshen, IN. We complained about the couch and the 'downward' slope. Their suggestion was to either turn around and sleep in the other direction or to get foam and put in the lower section (which we had already done). My sister said she slept fine after we got the foam. It stores under the couch!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what is going on here is that the "standard build" RV couch is designed to sit in a slide where the floor is a couple of inches higher than the main floor. Thus, when the entire couch is sitting on the main floor, there is not enough upward adjustment in the legs of the pull-out bed to get it to level. GDRV has been made aware of this situation on several different models . . . but they are obviously still building this way. Relatively easy to fix following the previous instructions on cutting down the legs and shimming up the back . . . but kind of a PITA that owners still have to do this themselves to get it right.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I think what is going on here is that the "standard build" RV couch is designed to sit in a slide where the floor is a couple of inches higher than the main floor. Thus, when the entire couch is sitting on the main floor, there is not enough upward adjustment in the legs of the pull-out bed to get it to level. GDRV has been made aware of this situation on several different models . . . but they are obviously still building this way. Relatively easy to fix following the previous instructions on cutting down the legs and shimming up the back . . . but kind of a PITA that owners still have to do this themselves to get it right.

Rob
    Thanks for the response. The additional foam seems to work but I might try a few things based on your information.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M Roberts View Post
    My wife and I purchased a new 2017 Reflection 30BH from our dealer lot in December 2016. We love our camper and since we are campground hosts at a Pennsylvania State Park we camped the entire summer in our Reflection. The main reason that we purchased a bunk house model was because our kids and grandkids like to come and camp with us, in addition to occasional visits from other family and friends.
    Every overnight adult visitor that we have had, not so much the grandchildren, complained regarding the downhill slope (toward the head end) of the tri-fold sofas (we have two in the 30BH). This subject has been discussed on this forum quite extensively with a variety of owner solutions offered. Today I stopped by my GD dealer and had a very short list of things that needed attention between now and expiration of our warranty. When I mentioned the tri-fold issue, there was a smile and a comment that this was the second time today he had heard this complaint.
    I suspect that when our dealer has our unit in his shop the diagnosis will be that it is as designed, and therefore not defective. What I would very much appreciate would be a GD recommendation that works consistently to make the tri-fold level and comfortable, even if it is at owner cost.
    Thank you
    Monroe & Miriam Roberts
    "we have the 297RSTS Travel trailer with the same issue the head lower than the feet scenario. Tried putting head at other end and it is not long enough to accommodate the average adult". Any suggestion beside having to reconstruct it... even a mattress topper would not change this issue.
    Thanks