User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Dripping kitchen sink faucet

Our kitchen sink faucet started to drip continuously and this thing is only 10 months old. It's still under warranty and the dealer did not have any seals in stock and probably could not get any specific for this faucet. They would just replace the entire faucet with a new one. Of course this was not in stock either and would have to be ordered. All the fixtures are made in China and parts are not available. I've heard this song before.

I went to the local hardware store and picked up a spring and seats kit for Delta/Peerless/Glacier Bay and it fixed the leak. So just a warning to all. If you get a drip fix it yourself without getting your dealer involved. They are pretty much helpless and clueless about some things!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Fix it yourself without getting your dealer involved".... That is my philosophy on everything in my unit. I went to the dealer (Lazy Days - Tucson) one time in 2014 and it was a horrid experience. They were inept and dishonest. So I do all my own work if at all possible. If I have a serious problem, I try to take it back to the factory for repairs.

Jim
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 09-13-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good philosophy to have. I would agree it is easier to do some things yourself rather than waiting and taking it in.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found that the faucets leak when connect to a water source with good pressure but don't when using the water pump.

I went to Lowe's and got a medium priced fixture. Just another repair I had to make on a new Grand Design camper.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Fix it yourself without getting your dealer involved". Could not agree more. Also, when we fix it ourselves, its done right the first time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like leaving my stuff and letting someone else fix it then go back to pick it up. My dealer is 34 miles away. By the time I drive 68 miles round trip to leave it and 68 round trip to pick it up I have 136 miles in a simple repair. Nobody cares as much about your equipment as you do!! Do it yourself if you want it done right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to believe that dealer service departments "have done it before" and know what they are doing. You'd like to think that they get some factory training on the units they sell.

Avaya used to have classes that their own techs would go through. They taught everything from taking the system out of the box (yes, there were procedures for that), to initial assembly, then power-up testing, and system configuration, etc. When I took the class for the Definity G3si (a 10 day course), I elected to go to the Dallas, TX location. The guy teaching it there knew EVERYTHING about the systems, and went back back to NJ several times a year to train other instructors. He taught us things about the system that weren't in any manuals. Leaving his class, you knew what you were doing.

He even got us the chance to sit in on a portion of the class for the 5ESS, their phone system for telephone company central offices - the one that supplies homes and businesses with phone service and routes the calls they make and take. He did it so that we would know a little about that system when turning up new circuits, and could see how it was essentially just a bigger version of the same thing with some differences in terminology.

From what I have seen, dealer service techs don't get ANYTHING like that. They don't go to the GD factory to see how it's put together, and they don't get any special info or tips and tricks on fixing them. Honestly, if they've watched the Lippert University videos, they may have more training than the average tech. They mostly learn on-the-job, and you can only hope that they have seen your issue before.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, these are plastic junk. I had to replace mine shortly after I bought it. After looking it over, I didn't want to replace a junk faucet with another, so i went to Home Depot and installed a proper one.
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2016 Ram 2500 Limited 6.7 Turbo 4X4
    Reese Goose Box