Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saying "I'm Sorry"

I now have my 230RL in my driveway and I'm preparing for a trip starting tomorrow. I love it.

But I have to say that the process of getting the correct option was a bit of a fiasco. I ordered the option with the 72" tri-fold and the first time it came in it had theater seating. That's okay, but the second time it had a 60" tri-fold instead of the 72" which I didn't discover until I drove it home because I was focused on getting the hitch set up properly. The 60" tri-fold actually looked pretty odd with so much space on either side of the sofa and I'm scratching my head that the person who installed it didn't think it was wrong.

So, after an extra day of my time, and 3-hours of extra driving time, I finally have the correct tri-fold but I will have to install it myself tomorrow. But the thing I found most annoying is that no one said the "s-word" (sorry). In an ideal world they would have say "sorry" and compensated me for my extra time but I guess that's pushing it.

Why do people find it so hard to say "I'm sorry"?
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuz no one wants to take responsibility and admit they screwed up!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they spent 12 years in school getting told, 24x7 how special they are, winning trophies for showing up, and never, ever, being told they were wrong. In their mind, they are not wrong. The Universe conspired against them, but they are not wrong.
    2017 Reflection 29RS, towed by 2013 F-350 Diesel King Ranch, Crew Cab, short Bed, with Andersen Ultimate 2 Hitch
    540w Solar, 4x6 Trojan T105's, MS2812 Magnum Energy inverter, Bogart Engineering TM-2030-RV and SC-2030
    WeBoost 4G-M cell booster, DirecTV portable

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treeofliberty View Post
    Because they spent 12 years in school getting told, 24x7 how special they are, winning trophies for showing up, and never, ever, being told they were wrong. In their mind, they are not wrong. The Universe conspired against them, but they are not wrong.

Sadly, this is true. I'm not sure how this type of education prepares anyone for real life.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe current culture cause most individuals to think they are owed a good living, big house and a new car. Having to work for that is an inconvenience
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to step out of my desire to continue b****ing about the entitlement mindset, I'm struck by the OP's post, and how often I've had the same experience with our local dealer. GD has been fantastic in their support, but the local service department has broke as many things as they've fixed, to include dropping our galley slide while servicing it, requiring a replacement skin to be ordered (and keeping our $40K investment in their shop for an additional month).

My point here is just what the OP said. Simply swallowing their pride and saying "we screwed up, and we're sorry", would have significantly altered our view of the entire experience. Be an adult, own your mistakes, and we as customers will work with you, rather than continue to resent you.

For any GD folks who might be reading this, these dealers are soiling your brand, simply with their poor attitude. Perhaps a little training for the dealerships is in order, although I know these dealers sell many brands.
    2017 Reflection 29RS, towed by 2013 F-350 Diesel King Ranch, Crew Cab, short Bed, with Andersen Ultimate 2 Hitch
    540w Solar, 4x6 Trojan T105's, MS2812 Magnum Energy inverter, Bogart Engineering TM-2030-RV and SC-2030

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The S word?
    You mean Sold and See ya, next please.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right there with you.
    Seems very few in society or this industry understand concepts such as accountability, cause/effect, and being responsible. Essentially, owning the issue and stepping up.
    In the end, these people may be 'sorry...examples...', but they are not 'sorry' for anything they did or didn't do.
    You expected service??

As I gain more life experience, I find myself becoming 'salty'. I assess the situation and no longer accept mediocrity.
    There is a 'standard', you will comply (to gain my business), and 'resistance is futile'. Everyone has a 'boss'.

Manage expectations. I routinely document the standard and what I expect up front. The bar is set and understood. Get it done and we're good. At that point, individuals have the opportunity for success or failure.

Best advice I have is educate and instill values in your family.
    Simply put: "Everyone has the potential. Aspire to be the best person you can be!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PWRSTROKE View Post
    Right there with you.
    Seems very few in society or this industry understand concepts such as accountability, cause/effect, and being responsible. Essentially, owning the issue and stepping up.
    In the end, these people may be 'sorry...examples...', but they are not 'sorry' for anything they did or didn't do.
    You expected service??

As I gain more life experience, I find myself becoming 'salty'. I assess the situation and no longer accept mediocrity.
    There is a 'standard', you will comply (to gain my business), and 'resistance is futile'. Everyone has a 'boss'.

Manage expectations. I routinely document the standard and what I expect up front. The bar is set and understood. Get it done and we're good. At that point, individuals have the opportunity for success or failure.

Best advice I have is educate and instill values in your family.
    Simply put: "Everyone has the potential. Aspire to be the best person you can be!"
    Right there with ya. My wife and I joke often about being well on our way to becoming grumpy old people. I have zero patience for weak-minded, whiny victims, or people who don't own their choices in life. On the flip side, people who say please, thank you, yes sir, yes mam, and you're welcome, just seem to make our day. Wouldn't it be fantastic if "common courtesy" were common again, like the way military men and women behave? What an awesome society we'd have.

At least it seems like we get that kind of behavior on this forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes sir...
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast