User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Newbie from Talty, TX(near Forney outside DFW) - Purchased 2017 Reflection 312BHTS

Hi All!

So excited to become a part of the Grand Design family. We purchased from McClain's RV in Rockwall, TX and take delivery next Thursday. Honestly, the trailer looks pretty impecable inside except for a few scratches here and there. I do however have some questions on the warranty. Our sales guy mentioned that in 2017 Grand Design offered a standard two year warranty on this unit (alongside the 3 year structural) and dropped back to the standard 1 year in 2018. Can anyone confirm or deny? I know on Thursday at delivery they are going to pitch us the extra 5 year warranty. I've been told that dealer cost is about $1200-1400 on these and they usually sell for around $2100-2200. I know the first question everyone asks me, well how long are you going to keep the RV - my answer is - I have NOOOoo idea? Hopefully several years? So any input you all may have on whether or not to purchase the warranty would be helpful. If there was any brand I'd consider sticking with the manufacturer it would have to be Grand Design after all the research I've done. There isn't another coach out there built with the level of quality, care and precision from my standpoint. I've only spent about 30-45 minutes really going over the coach in person and trying to nail down the details so I have some questions if anyone can help

A couple other questions:

--Has anyone used/had experience with the Furrion backup camera that the coach is pre-wired for? *side note - I'm towing with a 2017 F150 3.5 Ecoboost max trailer tow package - I have some RV experience owning an older Jayco and taking it on the road for about a year(maybe 4-5 trips in total?) so I'm sure towing this is going to take some getting used to.

-- Combo unit washer/dryer possibility in this coach - brand options/prices/bad experiences/good experiences??? - can you run the washer/dryer and still run AC units/tv etc at the same time? (we generally camp for 3-4 days max, should we give up the closet/hanger space?)

-- Has anyone used this coach at a 30 amp site and what was your experience?

-- I was thinking about have a 50 AMP plug installed at my home so I can prep but I hear varying opinions on whether or not to do this, any suggestions, life experience advice here?

-- Bike rack recommendations for the rear hitch receiver(maybe 2-4 family bikes nothing fancy) - any total fails/don't buys/ is there one in particular everyone likes to use?

-- Should I purchase the extra products to flush down the grey water tanks so I don't develop any smells over time(I want to tow this as LIGHT as possible and I hear stories about towing dry like this and getting bad smells)?

-- Warning: STUPID question - where are the levels on this coach? I know it has the electric stabilizers but how do I get this leveled with the most efficiency? The small magnetic levels off Amazon?

-- Is there anything anyone would change out/update/fix/work on before using the coach out on the campsite (just in general)?

-- Has anyone mounted there own TV's on the extra bracket areas? If so, was this an easy install?

-- At the RV show, everyone is pushing these streaming boxes that give you multiple channels(every movie ever made etc etc etc), if you purchase one, where on the coach do you plug that in to feed all the TV's in the coach and still get it hooked up to wifi? That seems a bit confusing because I see a couple different inputs and you've got to have this thing hooked to your phone or hotpsot.

I'm assuming some of these questions would be addressed in a walk through but it seems they are always pushing an angle lol....

Thank you all so much! Again, looking forward to being a part of the community hear! *High Fives*!

Chad
    Talty, TX (near Forney just outside DFW)
    Last edited by ckneptune1229; 09-15-2017 at 02:01 PM.