Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Sound System Control

Has anyone encountered this problem and what did you do to resolve it?

Furrion TV is connected to Furrion sound system. According to Furrion owner's manual, to play sound through the sound system, instead of the TV's speakers, you must turn the volume all the way down on the TV, turn the sound system on and control the sound through the sound system. OK so far. The problem I seem to be having is that the sound on the Furrion sound system is too loud at a level setting of 01 and it doesn't change at all, no matter what setting I use on the sound system. It can be 01 or 10 and the sound level is the same. The only control I seem to have is that when it is set to 00, the sound goes off. So, I either have one setting that is too loud for us at 01 or it is off. Does anyone have any suggestions? I looked at the documentation from Furrion and there is absolutely nothing in the documentation about how or who to contact with the manufacturer.
    Mike and Suzanne with Smokey and Bandit
    Travel in Tumbleweed
    Reflection 303
    2013 Ram 2500 (Black Pearl), 4 x 4, Crew Cab, Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel. 6 Speed Auto
    PullRite 15K SuperGlide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Furrion Sound System Control

I noticed the same thing on ours...haven't had the chance to delve into it further.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi @Tumbleweeds, @Happy Camper,

Our Customer Service department has asked that you contact them directly at (574) 825-8000 to discuss your concerns.

Thank you in advance (and please be ready to give them your 17-digit VIN).

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After 5 minutes on the phone with customer service the technician decided it was a problem with the sound system and is shipping us a brand new unit. Very easy to replace myself and no extra trip to the dealer. Great service and super people to work with. First, I'm very impressed that GDRV Customer Service reached out to me when they saw I was struggling to understand if I had a problem and then delivered great service when I did contact them. Picture two, very happy, new owners in their new Reflection 303!

Thank you GDRV!
    Travel in Tumbleweed
    Reflection 303
    2013 Ram 2500 (Black Pearl), 4 x 4, Crew Cab, Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel. 6 Speed Auto
    PullRite 15K SuperGlide

BennyJR

[quote author=Tumbleweeds link=topic=421.msg3043#msg3043 date=1393446821]
    After 5 minutes on the phone with customer service the technician decided it was a problem with the sound system and is shipping us a brand new unit. Very easy to replace myself and no extra trip to the dealer. Great service and super people to work with. First, I'm very impressed that GDRV Customer Service reached out to me when they saw I was struggling to understand if I had a problem and then delivered great service when I did contact them. Picture two, very happy, new owners in their new Reflection 303!

Thank you GDRV!
    [/quote]

; FIVE STARS!!! Way to go GDRV!

jmdkelley

Tumbleweeds,
    We also have a 303 Reflection. Ours did the same thing and we had it on our list when we took in to the dealer for warranty repairs. Dealer said they could not find anything wrong with it but when we went to pick up unit and went over our list of items the system played fine as it was supposed to. Dealer swore they couldn't find anything wrong but myself and wife both know that the system did not work correctly when we took in.
    Glad you got it fixed.
    Thanks
    Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our 303 just got back from the dealer. They had to replace the TV due to it not working with the remote, the radio and tv were wired together wrong. They switched the rca jacks while in there and now it works as it should.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installed the new unit that GD sent me and stills had the same problem. I plugged all the wires into the back of the Furrion Sound System exactly the way the were when we picked our rig up. After the new unit failed to fix the problem I took it back out and spent couple go minutes actually reading the labeling where the wires plugged in. I finally figured out the audio wires had been plugged into the wrong place. They need to be plugged into the red and white RCA jacks nearest the antenna jack. Now everything works the way it is supposed to work! I don't know if this is a training issue on the factory floor, or the dealer installs these units, but I hope this helps anyone else who has run into this.
    Travel in Tumbleweed
    Reflection 303
    PullRite 15K SuperGlide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweeds View Post
    I finally figured out the audio wires had been plugged into the wrong place. They need to be plugged into the red and white RCA jacks nearest the antenna jack. Now everything works the way it is supposed to work!
    Thanks for the tip. Pulled the unit out and switched the white and red RCA plug to audio in and voila, it works the way it's supposed to.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

C&D Ray
    Thanks Tumbleweeds!!!
    I noticed that ours is having the same issue. I will fix it when I get home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast