User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full Timing in My Reflection

I am a new Reflection owner. I am currently enjoying an extended vacation in my new Reflection as I head home to Montana. I received my Reflection 5th wheel in Arizona all on February 10th 2014. It was pretty stressful, but fun watching my dreams unfold. I chose the Reflection because I wanted a smaller 5th wheel. Even the Reflection is a bit longer than I was looking for, but a beautiful coach inside. Grand Design claims to be built better than some and so far I like what I am experiencing. I especially liked the cabinetry when I first walked into the coach. Only a few minor challenges so far, but enjoying the process learning how the amenities function and learning to pull a 5th wheel at the same time (my first). I am at my second camp now and I have identified several minor problems with my coach that I will need to be addressed at some point. Most are superficial.

Currently I am in Arizona at Lake Pleasant finishing up my stay here and moving on in a couple of days. Beautiful views, I am really enjoying the retired life. My long term plan is moving north back to my new home the end of June.
    Gary
    Hamilton, Montana
    2014 Grand Designs Reflection 293RES #0477
    2013 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel

kevjones22

Re: Full Timing in My Reflection

Anyone have problems this winter with the Grand Design? Im on a Fulltime RVing facebook Group and many many people have talked about problems with water freezing and keeping warm without going propane crazy.

Anyone feel like the fireplace works really great?
    Or water/pipe issues?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have camped in the cold weather, yes the propane is a problem, it is kind of expensive. The fireplace does a good job but not if it is really cold. You have to use the furnace. As far as the water pipes I have had no problem. I fill the fresh water tank and use that instead of leaving the city line connected. I just connect my hose to fill it every few days and disconnect the hose after filling it. The underneath is heated so it keeps the pipes from freezing. I find that works well. I also have a heated hose but if the water freezes at the source that does not help.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

kandjalabama

We are planning an extended stay in our Reflection 337. We are wondering about several issues. How do you receive TV and internet (if there is not a local WIFI)? How do you receive your mail?

K and J Alabama
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS
    2012 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel 4X4 Crew Cab

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[quote author=kandjalabama link=topic=422.msg3178#msg3178 date=1393729011]
    We are planning an extended stay in our Reflection 337. We are wondering about several issues. How do you receive TV and internet (if there is not a local WIFI)? How do you receive your mail?

K and J Alabama
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS
    2012 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel 4X4 Crew Cab
    [/quote]

We are waiting for delivery on our 337 and then hitting the road in May for several months.

For TV, we purchased a Winegard Pathway X2 portable satellite dish and VIP211Z receiver. It automatically selects the correct satellite and provides HD Dish signals. The initial investment is pricey, but it only adds $7.00 per month to our existing Dish TV bill when we activate the receiver. When we're not on the road, we can call Dish, and our bill is reduced by $7.00 until we reactivate it.

As for WIFI, there are several public WIFI signals you can use. Truck stops, McDonalds, etc have them usually for free. If you can get a good signal in the RV park, you can use that too. When we don't have public WIFI to use, or we need the security of a private network (like when paying bills), we set up our Verizon smartphone as a hotspot. Another option is to drop into a public library and use their computer network. Sometimes it's free, sometimes, there is a small fee.

We have a unique solution for our mail. Our next door neighbor gathers up all our mail and puts it in a large bin for us. Once or twice a month, our son will drop by and sort it for us. If it's really important, he scans it and sends it to us on-line. Since we pay our bills online, you'd be surprised how very little mail is really important. 95% goes right in the trash.

kandjalabama

Thank you for the fast reply. Sounds like you have figured it out. Thank you for the good information. We enjoy our 337. We did have a rocky start on the shake down camp. The front stabilizer broke and a hanging light fixture over the kitchen island came loose and broke the glass globe. We are looking forward to spending time on the road in our 337 and hope you enjoy the same.

KandJAlabama
    337 RLS Reflection
    Ford F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4X4