User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lukeysh714

Permanent residence

We're starting to truly full time for the next 6 months. Sold the house and will eventually look for farmland. Anyone have any experience with businesses or government agencies having an issue with not having a "permanent"address.

mandolin57
    Hi Matt and Pam,
    My husband and I just returned from a rally for full-timers in Sevierville, TN. We're planning on going ft in about 2 years. The rally was amazing and it covered every issue you could imagine. While I cannot answer your question personally because my husband and I are going to maintain our domicile as PA for a while with our address listed with my sister, if you email Howard and Linda they will most definitely answer you. I have never seen two more knowledgeable people on this topic and they can certainly advise you. Their website is <www.rv-dreams.com> I hope this helps and best of luck with everything! Wish we were there with you.
    ps...there's a great forum there too with people already full-timing and they are equally as helpful and have some great info and wisdom as well.

Lukeysh714
    Thanks. I appreciate the input.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The three most popular states for FTers are TX, SD, and FL. These states have mail forwarding companies and you use their address as your permanent address or domicile. It is advised that you change your divers license, license plates, insurance "health and auto" and any other "official" addresses you may have so no other state can claim you as taxable. There are FTers who use other states for their individual circumstances. There is no one size fits all in Full Timing in your RV.

Again check out the RV-Dreams.com website for more complete information.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

wschoonv
    We are full timers. We sold house, got a mail-forward address in Florida through the Good Sam mail company. We use FL address for tax purposes, national and state voting, and for two financial accounts. The rest of our mail goes to one of our kids. FL is used for vehicle and RV registration and drivers license. It was the best for us and we have no complaints, insurance company (USAA) is happy, and no longer pay MD or NJ state income taxes. LOL

That worked for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know if the GD warranty is voided if you FT in the rig? I know some of the brands have a statement something along the line - not intended for full-time use or only for recreational purposes....Our book says "or any other use other than to use the recreational vehicle only for personal and occasional use" - occasional is not FT. What have you heard?
    Larry & Mollie
    2014 Grand Design Solitude 305RE #425
    2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 quad cab
    Hometown - Slapout, Alabama
    Traveling for 4+ years

graynomad
    I called the factory recently and asked the same question. I was told that the warranty does cover full time use. Call them at 574-825-8000 to get the answer. I spoke to a gentleman by the name of JD at customer service. He seemed very knowledgeable and was very helpful.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum graynomad!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought so too Graynomad.....someone on a FB thread said FT voided warranty and didn't want people to not look at the GD rig because of a misconception or misunderstanding...we FT and told the sales person we did and pointed out issues from our last 5vr. Hooray, GD will stand with the folks that LIVE in their rig.
    Larry & Mollie
    2014 Grand Design Solitude 305RE #425
    2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 quad cab
    Hometown - Slapout, Alabama
    Traveling for 4+ years

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graynomad - guess I'd feel more comfortable if I were full timing if I had something "in writing" rather than a verbal discussion with a rep from the factory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast