Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canadian Grand Design Roll Call

I've been camping for years but have only recently seen any Grand Design trailers in Canada but today I saw a Refection 303.

I thoughts I'd ask who of you out there are fellow Canadians and I'm especially interested hearing from those of you from Ontario.

Where are you from? What GD trailer do you pull.

I'm from Ontario, Canada and pull a 2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, are there no Canadian Grand Design Owners on this forum?
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know Rob (Cate&Rob) is from Ontario. In fact we're in your beautiful country visiting them in the Thousand Islands area right now.

Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vancouver, BC here.
    Lived in Brockville, ON for 5 years when I was a kid.....only Ontario content I can give ya'
    No longer a part of the club....DW had to stop working for health issues. Truck and trailer had to be sold :(
    Me, DW, & Bailey the Lab
    3 sons - 26, 23, 21....still come camping with us when they can

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vancouver also.....although I haven't received executive level funding approval from my DW to buy a GD yet. (303RLS once I receive approval)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brucedunning View Post
    I've been camping for years but have only recently seen any Grand Design trailers in Canada but today I saw a Refection 303.

I thoughts I'd ask who of you out there are fellow Canadians and I'm especially interested hearing from those of you from Ontario.

Where are you from? What GD trailer do you pull.

I'm from Ontario, Canada and pull a 2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL.
    brucedunning - As Jim notes . . . we are from Ontario and have been towing our 2015 Reflection 303 for over 3 years. Mostly back and forth to Florida. We have met some great friends through the GDRV Owner's Rallies in Indiana and through this forum. Three years ago, we seldom saw a GDRV product on the road in Canada or in the US, but now we see them all the time! There have been several Canadian participants on this forum over the years . . . but I am not sure how many are following current discussions.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of years ago, we contemplated the idea of a Canadian (well . . . at least a southern Ontario) regional GDRV Rally. Our dealer in Orillia was somewhat interested in limited involvement. The big stumbling block was finding a campground that could accommodate a large group of GDRV sized rigs. The only place that this seemed feasible was the Niagara Falls area and this was going to be expensive, had to be really early in their season and was too far from our dealer for his involvement. Most Ontario campgrounds cater to seasonal campers. We don't camp in Ontario . . . we are Florida Snowbirds . . . so we don't know the local campgrounds very well. Maybe this idea could be re-kindled if someone knew of a viable location.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    A couple of years ago, we contemplated the idea of a Canadian (well . . . at least a southern Ontario) regional GDRV Rally. Our dealer in Orillia was somewhat interested in limited involvement. The big stumbling block was finding a campground that could accommodate a large group of GDRV sized rigs. The only place that this seemed feasible was the Niagara Falls area and this was going to be expensive, had to be really early in their season and was too far from our dealer for his involvement. Most Ontario campgrounds cater to seasonal campers. We don't camp in Ontario . . . we are Florida Snowbirds . . . so we don't know the local campgrounds very well. Maybe this idea could be re-kindled if someone knew of a viable location.

Rob
    Great to hear from several of us.

It would be a cool idea if a Rally could be arranged but I can understand the complexities.

So far it seems that the 303 is the GD of choice for those of us north of the border. So far I think I'm the only exception .

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although not an Ontarioan we have stayed at Milton Heights Campground near Toronto ( http://www.miltonheightscampground.com/ ) There is plenty of room for GD 5vers. Good luck if you can get a Rally going.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    Although not an Ontarioan we have stayed at Milton Heights Campground near Toronto ( http://www.miltonheightscampground.com/ ) There is plenty of room for GD 5vers. Good luck if you can get a Rally going.
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for the tip . . . I will check into this. BTW . . . it would make a lot of sense to make this a Michigan/Ontario Rally, if we can get such a thing going .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast