User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likes/Dislikes on Reflection 295 RL

We are looking at purchasing one and going full time. We have decided to get a Dodge 2500 for pulling and would like any input you may have for the 295 RL. My husband nor I have any experience with RVing so this is all new, but asking your insight, thoughts, suggestions on the 295 RL. Thanks!

Rosanne & Chuck
    Ashland, NE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 295 is kind of like our 303s little brother. It has much of the same floor plan with a smaller fridge than the current 303s and less bedroom storage. What are you intended uses, long term camping or weekend and occasional week or 2? (our fridge is an 8 and adequate for 2 people)
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pull our 295RL with a 2017 dodge 2500 with a Anderson hitch pulls like a dream 3000 miles round trip this summer out west in the mountains the 303 to us was not worth 5000 msrp more 295 has a smaller frid but not the trouble of the 2 door and yes there is no pantry but out side tv with a small elect fridge built into the kitchen slide that my 2 cents we got the price of our 2018 295RL down to 41500 the list was a little over 50000 may have been 52300 we added 3 toppers in that price.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things to consider when going full time.
    Fridge size. Is 8 cu ft big enough? If there are only the two of you it may be, but think about it. You might be able to upgrade to a 12cu ft also. The bedroom layout appears to be very similar to ours. Not a lot of storage for clothes if full timing. We never intended to full time so it works for us. Even if we did, with the bunk room in our 31MB we have plenty of storage.
    It has been brought up in other posts, take your time. Sit in the unit and think about where everything will go, and how you will move around in it. Does it fit your expectations? There will be compromises of course, but does it meet with your minimums, and can you live with the compromises? We spent 3 months and several different dealerships before settling on the 31MB. It doesn't have EVERYTHING we wanted, but it has the things we needed, or at least what we had to have, and some things we didn't even think about. Once you decide, enjoy!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 295rl and love it. However if I were full timing I would choose the 303 minimally and prefer the 337. More bedroom space and more cargo capacity.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We started RVing two years ago. We started off small and the more we camp the more room we needed room. Finally got the 337. Should have went with the 337 to begin with. 295rl is cool and i like it, but if you are going full time i would look at the 303 or 337. We pull the 337 with F250 diesel and have no problems at all. If you are going with a diesel engine you can get an auxiliary fuel tank.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 295RL also and love it. I agree though, more storage needed if a full timer.