Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally looked at a 310gk-r in person... WOW

Wow, it was really nice...

Wife and I had narrowed our choices to the GD Solitude 310 or the Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 34rl2.

I have to say, we were really smitten with the 310.

I had a hard time looking at the forest river because the silly sales guy wouldn't shut his trap.

I've been following this axle thing, and am pleased to see the words DEXTER mentioned.

I'm curious as to what others have worked at as a % off MSRP when negotiating.
    I'm curious if factory delivery is a thing that can be had with grand design.

I also happen to have an RV repair facility that I have a great relationship with and trust completely. I'd like to use them over a dealer, including for warranty items. Any sage wisdom here?

Has anyone had good service from a dealer along the gulf coast, or through North texas / OK?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    25 to 30% seems to be the norm range. I was told i can use any dealer i want for warranty or any other work. Good luck!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks.

I LOVE my independent rv shop, we go back a long ways

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree.
    The Solitude 310 was my favorite.
    The Solitude 377 was the wife's favorite.

I'll be happy with my Solitude 377...

Discount started around 27% off. Doc fee was $200. You can break 30% with no other fees paid.
    Stick to your guns and have dealers compete.

Factory delivery is not an option. I inquired.

You may find my thread on 2018 Solitude updates helpful. New features are not reflected in GD literature yet.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...itude-Features

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks for this.

How can one verify the MSRP I wonder. I would surmise a dealer could say the MSRP was ANYTHING they wanted to within reason.

This will be my 3rd rv purchase, I'm in no hurry, and I'm paying cash... although the dealer doesn't need to know that right up front.

My local dealer has one in stock, but I'm working on confirming the axles on it, and they listed the MSRP at 83465. I know it doesn't have slide toppers, but it does have the armless second awning, and has a 2018 designation. I'm trying to get the build sheet on it, but the guy at the dealership hasn't emailed it over to me yet.

It was in their service bay with some obvious issues. It appeared to have a leaking level jack, and some other stuff they were working on. But at least it had power applied so we could really check it out.

I went to a forest river dealer, and he told me he wouldn't put power on the unit unless I bought it.. My jaw hit the floor... this isn't a pop up camper here..

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    plasma - attached link to the GDRV website "Build and Price" with MSRP section: https://www.granddesignrv.com/shoppi...orplan/1/37115

Pricing is fluid with factory changes and as noted, dealer items but this will get you pretty darn close.

Dan

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    plasma - attached link to the GDRV website "Build and Price" with MSRP section: https://www.granddesignrv.com/shoppi...orplan/1/37115

Pricing is fluid with factory changes and as noted, dealer items but this will get you pretty darn close.

Dan
    Awesome again, thanks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can i tell by looking at photos is a unit has the double pane windows?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dual pane windows are usually not visible in pics. I found very few stocked models. Workup your specs with option prices. Then shop dealers to do a custom order.
    I left slide toppers off as they flap and carefree awnings no longer have metal wrap option. A&E and Girard awnings have metal cover when retracted. Will add layer if I choose.

Tip: Easiest way to spy a 2nd gen 2018 Solitude model is no carpet in raised areas (bedroom, etc) and separate oven & stove.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i see.

Well my local dealer,, i got the build sheet, and basically it has NO options expect for the king size bed. I would prefer more of the options from double paned, to heat pumps.

when you are talking about the awning.. are you meaning the main awning plus the second slide awning? Or only the second awning? or ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast