Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Nice job Mike. A copy has been placed in the library.

Jim
    Jim, would you replace the library document with this revision 3.

I had trouble with #6 screws being too weak and snapping off.
    I switched to #8 screws for the dining room slide seals.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide Seal ReplacementRev3.pdf 
Views:	65 
Size:	919.3 KB 
ID:	9887
    Thanks, Mike
    Mike & Pat Clawson
    Marty & Bucky (Welsh Corgis)
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS #2813
    Titan Disc Brakes, Liberty Rider Suspension
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride Hitch, 52 Gallon Titan XXL Fuel Tank, Banks Speed Brake, Firestone Air Lift Bags
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pst4uyouma.gif

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in the same boat (I thought), JD & Ray looked at my bottom seal at the rally and told me the slide had to be hyper-extended and they couldn't do it at the rally. January was the earliest they could get me in the service center. I decided I would get the seal incase I got to a place I could get someone to work on it and in the process customer service wanted pictures to verify the type of seal. I decided to undo a few screws and look at the end of the seal..........the bottom seal does not require the slide to come out it is screwed into the side of the wall. I was dreading taking it to someone to pull the slide out. Looks like an easy fix.
    Attachment 9892

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clsfly View Post
    I was in the same boat (I thought), JD & Ray looked at my bottom seal at the rally and told me the slide had to be hyper-extended and they couldn't do it at the rally. January was the earliest they could get me in the service center. I decided I would get the seal incase I got to a place I could get someone to work on it and in the process customer service wanted pictures to verify the type of seal. I decided to undo a few screws and look at the end of the seal..........the bottom seal does not require the slide to come out it is screwed into the side of the wall. I was dreading taking it to someone to pull the slide out. Looks like an easy fix.
    Attachment 9892
    Where did you get the seal?
    Mike & Pat Clawson
    Marty & Bucky (Welsh Corgis)
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS #2813
    Titan Disc Brakes, Liberty Rider Suspension
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride Hitch, 52 Gallon Titan XXL Fuel Tank, Banks Speed Brake, Firestone Air Lift Bags
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pst4uyouma.gif

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I had a case # from the GD rally I'm getting it from Grand Design parts (at least that's the plan as of today). I think the part # is 550087.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: the new seal arrived from GD parts and I installed it ~2 hour job...easy, put slide out take out 15 screws, pull out old seal, caulked the old screw holes, measure and duplicate cut out areas and reinstall.
    One thing that I did notice was the bottom (floor) of my curbside slide was some sort of 'press board' that wasn't sealed like the kitchen slide that has a heavy plastic coating on it. Not sure why they would seal one and not the other (a question for GD).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8daggett View Post
    We have a 2015 Reflection 337RLS that we picked up in April of 2015. I was always annoyed by the wiper seals on the kitchen slide. They would almost never flip out when I ran the slide out. While the top was covered by the slide awning, I was always manually flipping the seals out along the sides. Never seemed to be a problem on the dining room slide since it travels out farther and has the windows to start the flip action. Eventually the wiper started to tear away from the rest of the seal (for 2-3 feet at the top and about 6 inches in the middle).

I ask Grand Design, at the rally, about replacing the slide seals. “We can’t do it at the rally. You need to bring it into shop. We have to pull the slides to replace the seals. We have openings in the middle of December.” Well, not an option for me. One, I will not pull the trailer around in the snow/ice of Mid-West winters. Two, we spend the winter in Tucson, AZ.

The problem with the factory seal is that it is what I will call an “H” shaped seal. The inside and outside wipers are connected together with the bulb seals sliding on separately.
    Quick and easy for manufacturing to slide the seal assembly on the edge of the side wall, screw it into the center of the wall and install the slide room. BAD for servicing because you have to remove the slide room to get at the screws that attach this seal assembly.

Attached is my experience replacing the slide seals on my reflection. I think it was rather successful. Maybe it can help someone if interested.

Attachment 9853
    Mike
    THANKS MIKE for your great solution!
    Thanks you GD for listening and changing the SEALs to a NEW TYPE !!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just posted in the tech forum the trouble I'm having with the top bedroom exterior slide seal and being told my the dealership that the entire slide needs to be removed to replace that seal. Will our repair system work for that seal? I assume it would be similar but perhaps I am wrong. Or maybe you have further suggestions? Please let me know. Thanks. Excellent write up too!
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 6.7L

In the summer of 2022, we sold our trailer and truck and we no longer camp.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if you noticed, but that thread is from 2017. You might have to PM the posters if you want to be sure they see your post. It's possible some of them are no longer regulars on here.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did notice but was hopeful that either the original poster was still on the forum or perhaps someone else had luck with replacing the seal without removing the entire slide out. I did send a private message to the original poster too. Thanks.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 6.7L

In the summer of 2022, we sold our trailer and truck and we no longer camp.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I've posted to a thread that was several years old without realizing it.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast