User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Self-adjusting brakes - included after XX/XX date?

GDRV,

I have a 2018 Reflection 28BH built 5/17 and I'd like to find-out whether or not it was built with self-adjusting brakes. It seems, from reading the forum, like some trailers have them while others do not.

Did GDRV switch to self-adjusting brakes across any/all of their model lines in 2017? Any details you could provide would certainly help answer this question for owners of different build-dates and models.

I'd appreciate any info you could provide.

Thank you,
    Steven
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    GDRV,

I have a 2018 Reflection 28BH built 5/17 and I'd like to find-out whether or not it was built with self-adjusting brakes. It seems, from reading the forum, like some trailers have them while others do not.

Did GDRV switch to self-adjusting brakes across any/all of their model lines in 2017? Any details you could provide would certainly help answer this question for owners of different build-dates and models.

I'd appreciate any info you could provide.

Thank you,
    Steven
    I have a 2017 Reflection 307MKS built in March of this year. It has self adjusting brakes. Date on axles is 3/8/17. All four brakes were replaced in July due to leaky seals. Check the label on your axle for the "SA" designation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0911.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	9917
    Last edited by cmillsbl; 09-24-2017 at 08:33 AM. Reason: added picture
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drove out to the storage facility and checked this today. My axles were manufactured by Lippert on 5/1/2017 and also include the SA designation. Thank you.

I had the dealer check the brakes prior to delivery and they reported that they had to replace all four backing plates (which I assume means the plate + everything attached to it like pads/magnet), the seals, and repack the bearings. I should have inquired further at the time since the scope of replacement is a bit unclear. In any case, I didn't have a problem braking after the first four or five brake applications. I cannot lock them up, but they do pull hard on the truck when I manually engage them to test. I'd feel a lot better if I could lock them up and then dial back the gain a touch.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue