User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Anyone know if updates are coming?

I've been looking at Momentums and it seems like the build quality is a little above average.
    The manufacturer support finally edged out the other brands I was considering.

The only hesitation I have is the outdated features in some areas.
    Standard incandescent bulbs on the exterior, garage, and cargo areas? Everyone else switched to LED units, even the low end builders.
    No keyless entry? My current 2013 unit has that.
    Still using the schwintek slide system on the small slides. That system was a major failure and almost everyone else has gone back to the cables or the newer LCI rail system where it doesnt hold the weight on the gears.

The slide is really the only thing holding me back from buying one right away. I know the other things are easy swaps but it worries me that its not even an option. It makes me wonder if they stopped bothering with these units once they got bought out and are things going down hill now?

If anyone went to the show and got any insight into whats coming in the future I would love to hear it, or if anyone knows if these have been addressed before. Every time I search on this site it either gives me no results or a bunch that are not relevant at all.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most exterior lights are incandescent because they produce heat and prevent them from icing over in snow/cold weather.

Keyless entry is over rated, and readily available as an aftermarket add on. Replacing the batteries to make it work stinks also. I've had it, and took it off.

Schwintek systems work when installed correctly. The thicker walls and square openings are what is needed for that system. Cable slides constantly need adjustment, since cables stretch. There are many manufacturers still using the Schwintek slides. The weight is not held on the gears, it uses the same rollers as other systems to support the weight.

We had the new models at the Hershey Show, and they are still the same systems.

The Winnebago buyout has had no effect on GD.....its old news by now, and they are currently building 2 new plants to support the ever increasing demand.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Arizona so I hadn't considered the lights icing over. The LED do create heat but not nearly as much. I would imagine that the majority of owners try to get away from that kind of weather when they are camping though.
    When I go out, it's to get away from the heat but I know a lot of people come here during the winter to get away from the cold.

The aftermarket keyless entries use small batteries which would be a pain, but the one that came with my trailer uses the house power and is installed on the wall, not the door. The door still has the normal key lock so you can use it if the whole house is dead. The convenience of not having to take your keys with you when you go out on an adventure is really nice.

I don't want to start an argument about the schwintek system so I'll just drop that one.

I forgot that Winnebago bought GD. i had read it but I've looked at so many brands and models in the last month that they start getting jumbled in my head. I love the Winnebago brands. I wish I could find a Scorpion somewhere to look at but they seem to be as rare as Unicorns.