Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reese Elite 25K Fiver Hitch for F350 DRW Long bed - 20K+

Been researching fifth wheel hitches for an F350 Dually long bed. Been leaning towards the Reese Elite 25K. It also appears that is the exact hitch Ford offers as an option and it's fairly priced at around $1500 (compared to retail). I could likely get them to add it to truck purchase at cost as my final negotiation. I'll be towing a Momentum 397TH (20,000 lbs).

Thoughts on this hitch?

Other's I should consider?

Thanks!
    -chad

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had an earlier, lighter load, aftermarket version of this hitch. It looks like they've beefed up and improved the mounting, and made a few other improvements since mine. I really liked that it easily comes apart into two pieces, so can be dismounted by someone who is not a contender for Mr. Universe. Very easy to operate. Never had any issues with hitching/unhitching. I had read prior threads about other hitches having pin boxes coming loose due to "high hitching", so spent some time trying to see if mine could be prone to that. Not saying it is impossible, but I tried hard to see if I could make it "high hitch" and couldn't - it either fully engaged, or was obvious that it wasn't. It does not have any shock absorbing capabilities, but on my much lighter 5th, there were no issues with "chucking" or other handling issues. While there are other brands that are higher end, and recommended highly by others (B&W, etc.), this was a solid performer. I wouldn't hesitate to put it in, especially if the price was significantly less. Paying retail, plus installation, might cause me to check out the market in more detail. But if you can get it as a deal as part of the package, I'd say "go for it".
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)