User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damaged Entry Door Pull Handle...Idiot!!

Ok, we were on our final haul for the season from Cape Cod to Banner Elk NC. While stopped for fuel, I moved the sofa slider out about a foot to grab refreshments from the fridge. Then as usual hit the "retract" button and all is good until...POP!!! I instantly stop and start looking for what made the horrific sound. It turns out the pull handle on the outside of the door had been placed in the position against the slider to the rear of the door. When I started retracting the slider, it grabbed the handle and snapped the top black plastic assembly and left the handle essentially useless.

So I get back into the Ford, hand her the freshly filled Yeti for the next few hours together...silent and kicking myself inside, thinking I don't even want to see her face when I tell her what I had just done. Then a few minutes later, we were both able to laugh it off, as one of those "do it once and never again" mistakes. And she proceeds to tell me that the foam grip on the current handle was starting to become worn and she wasn't liking it much anyway. lol

Lucky this idiot did not have any additional damage due to his being to quick to double check things before retracting the slider.

Now I am wondering, since I must replace this pull handle, is there anything better than what came from the factory?

I'm not in a huge hurry, as the 350M is now parked in storage up in Banner Elk NC for a while. But if anyone has recommendations for a replacement handle and where to purchase (Amazon?), I will work on getting one before heading back up.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like the handle from Stromberg Carlson. It's the Lend-A-Hand Extended Assist Rail. I am a bit shorter, and it makes it easy to grab the handle from the ground on fifth wheels. https://www.strombergcarlson.com/rv-...d-assist-rail/