User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Tires Parked on Marston Mats

I have been looking for something to put under the RV tires when its parked at home to keep the tires from drawing moisture from the ground and starting to rot. Its parked off the drive way on dirt / grass and I'm looking for something like Marston Mat or as its sometimes know as Marsden or PSP Perforated Steel Planking to park the tires on. Its the metal interlocking panels they make quick aircraft runways out of.
    Right now I have those plastic leveling squares under the tires but they sink into the ground and I have to use a shovel to get them up again each time we go RVing. We also have tire covers to keep the intense sun off the tires and keep them from dry rotting.

We have a terrible problem with termites and fire ants down here so I dont want to use a wood product. I've looked at military surplus around the area but they dont have any. A military surplus place in California has lots of them in 5ftx16inch for $20 each or 10ftx16 inch for $35 each but shipping would be expensive because they weigh 31 - 62 lbs each.
    I suppose I could bring in a load of gravel and spread it out in the yard to increase my drive way size but dont really want to do that. I've browsed home improvement sites to see if they have anything but no luck.

Have any of you that do something like this found a different alternative?
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a thread within the last two weeks where members stated they were using horse stall mats. They were cutting them in half I believe. You should have easy access to these in Texas. They can be bought at Tractor Supply. I will probably go this route.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put in a concrete pad. Interesting note on coding, when I went in to apply for the permit the nice lady behind the counter informed me that if I were to build a concrete pad I would have to submit plans, get a permit, and would have to submit to an inspection upon completion. However, if I was to build and extension to my existing driveway I wouldn't have to go through all that.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the ideas. Yeah dealing with local county zoning laws can at times be frustrating and idiotic. I'll check out tractor supply, see what they have. Just want to avoid with the RV what I see with my car trailer. The car trailer sets a lot without being used and the tires draw moisture and rot. Had a blow out on it and it tore off the fender. Dont want that to happen with the RV.
    Got the RV setting on the drive to my Auto shop for now. Were heading out to Galveston Island a week from Sunday staying at a RV resort right on the gulf then going to Conroe for the GD rally. Boy can't wait, it's going to be so enjoyable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1482.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up some fake pavers, 16 inches square and about 2 inches thick, from Home Depot. They are made of recycled rubber with a brick paver pattern embossed on one side. Very durable. I use them at the storage lot to keep the tires off the uneven coarse gravel surface. They also serve as a nice guide for parking the trailer when we return from a trip.