User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear sofa/bed in garage fell.

Took my first trip out for the year with my 351M TH. After the 10 hour drive to Arkansas I opened up the back to find the sofa/bed laying across my new RZR. Has anyone ever seen the rear sofa/bed drop going down the road? Seems like something broke in the track that raises it up and down. Stopped at a dealer and they have never seen it, called dealer closer to home and they have never scene it. Also, has anyone ever drilled holes for pins like the top bed has? Dont want it to happen again. Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried to drill holes in the tracks to re position the pins but either I had a dull bit or that track is very hard. I gave up without getting any holes through.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of one "falling" before. Was it still attached to the chains/carriers?

I had to move my upper pins so drilled new holes, tough going but possible. Pins for dinette a good idea for peace of mind.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours broke first long trip bouncing down I-95. Luckily didn't have the motorcycle along that trip. Those small little pins they use to hold the sofa seats out- rear one sheared in half. Collapsed the whole one side. Twisted the brackets and pulled screws out of bottom of seat. Still under warranty, and dealer fixed. Lesson learned though, I never travel with those seats out. Drop them down so they are against the wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little update, still dont know why it fell. One track the chain was loose in and the framing was bent. Top pins are fine and upper bed was still up top. Been at the dealer for about a month and last I heard it was all approved to be replaced. Now to wait and see how long they keep it. Wish I could get an explanation how to prevent it, but hopefully the new one will stay up and we can be Happy Campers again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our last trip out one corner of the Happijac dinette failed. There are two small plates that are bolted together that pinch the dinette mount. One plate has 3 sprocket teeth that rest in the chain and move up and down providing the lift. The two bolts that hold that all together sheared off. Fortunately, our side-by-side was at home for that trip.

DW and I had previously decided to remove the dinette and just keep the queen bed on the lift. But, we hadn't taken the dinette out before the failure. Now, it's off to the dealer for warranty repairs. Very frustrating.