Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About to be an owner - couple of questions about Reflection line

After 40 years of marriage (Sunday, May 4th) and recent retirement, my wife and I have decided to join the RV crowd. I'm waiting on a new truck to show up sometime next week, and a Grand Design dealer in Missouri (about 5 hours away) has been kind enough to let us choose between two Reflection models that we like - a 303 rear living and a 293 rear entertainment. So here are my questions: Does anyone know if the fold out sofa in the 293 is a queen size 60"x80" like in the 303, or is it narrower? What's the going opinion on whether people prefer the open window in the rear concept - like the 303, or the living room feel of the 293? Does anyone feel that there is a need for a 2nd air conditioner? These models are 2014 with one air conditioner, but are wired for the second. I would appreciate any and all opinions. Thanks, Mike

PS the truck is a 2014 Ram Laramie 2500 diesel crew cab with 149" wheel base and the factory 5th wheel holes in the bed.....no hitch bought yet.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome, and congratulations on your anniversary and retirement. Regarding the A/C. We have the 337, and had the dual pane window option installed. When we were camping last month, we had a heat wave and the temp hit 98 degrees. The single A/C kept the rig comfortable. Of course, this is in Arizona, so the humidity was very low. Right now, we don't see the need for a second A/C.

I can't answer the question about the sofa in the 293. But I really like the layout of the living room in the 303/337. With just my wife and I, it was the best solution for us. We can sit in our recliners and watch our favorite shows on satellite without having to crane our necks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congratulations. Like Jim, we also like the layout in the 303 since we sit in the recliners and comfortably watch TV

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

AmandaEthan
    We have the 303. We went ahead and put in a second air conditioner when we bought it. We like to keep the camper very cool. We are from Missouri and do 100% of our camping here in Missouri so with the hot temps and humidity level the second air conditioner is a great help. We have found that it cools the camper down faster and helps keep the main A/C from working so hard on days where it is over 100 degrees. We don't run the second A/C as much. You could get by without the second A/C but you will definitely want a fan on in the bedroom to help circulate air, especially when sleeping during the hot summer. It can get stuffy in the bedroom at night especially if you sleep with door shut.

AmandaEthan
    Forgot to add: We love the layout of the 303 because we like to be facing the TV while sitting in the recliners. I still feel like we have a living room too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Mike!

We don't own a Reflection, but our Solitude has the same living room set up as the 303. We like watching the TV directly in front of us and the large window in the rear of the camper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your input! I've contacted the dealer and told him to put a sold sign on the Reflection 303RLS! Now my question is; should we have him put slide toppers on it before we pick it up? Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Mike and welcome to the forums. We have the Solitude, not the Reflection, but we do have side toppers. You'll find people with both opinions regarding side toppers. Some do, some don't.

As for us, we would never own another RV with slides without the toppers. Our previous TT did not have them, and we had all kinds of issues...leaking, debris, etc. So, we're pro-topper people.

I think you'll have to weight the pros and cons for yourself and decide.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Renee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike,
    I started back in '96 with a 26' TT, then in 2000 to a 37 5th wheel, then last year to the Solitude. I also purchased a 2014 F-450 which had the factory "pucks" for the hitch. You can purchase a hitch that is fit for the "puck" or you can buy an adapter that will just about fit any hitch that fits the rails. I already had a good hitch on my last truck and I researched and found the adapter. I bought it for around $350 from a company called Truck Spring. Brand of adapter is Reese part # RE30156 and then you can have any hitch.

Safe travels and welcome to the family,
    Art.
    Art & Terry
    2014 Solitude #366
    2014 Ford F-450 Platinum 4x4 Duallie
    Retired Police Officer '03/US Navy Vet 76-80
    El Paso, Texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast