Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pressure filling Rv antifreeze.

Never used our unit yet but we will be using it soon. Currently winterized and will have to winterized after our shake down trip. I have never winterized an RV before and the draining and blowing out of the lines sounds pretty simple. Getting the antifreeze into the lines is another thing. I am the McGiver kind of guy and was wondering if you could pressure feed the antifreeze . Could you take a garden sprayer and adapt it to the city water hookup and then just open the faucets one at a time to fill the lines? Another rookie question concerns the on board water pump. If we only use the city water hookup does water even get into this pump? Probably a duh question but I had to ask. I was told to hook the antifreeze supply/jug to the intake side of the onboard pump to fill the lines but I have no idea where this pump is or how difficult it is to get to it.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Pressure filling Rv antifreeze.

There is a connection on the Solitude where you hook up a samll section of hose and it uses the pump to pull the antifreeze through the pipe lines. It is not the city connection line, I forgot what it was labeled and my Solitude is 30 miles away so I can't look. You turn the pump on inside to pull the antifreeze and then you open up each faucet and the toilet one at a time until anti=freeze comes through. Don't forget the outside shower also. There is a diagram in the owners manual that shows the connection to use for winterizing. It shows exactly where each setting should be. I also think it is labeled on the connection panel. It is very easy to do. I think I used about 3 gallons of antifreeze. I have the Solitude 369RL.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copied from a previous post:

FYI. Here's how to access the fresh water pump. You shouldn't need to access it to winterize Like dchrist1733 said, you can fill the system using the hookup in the utility center, GD has changed the look of the ultility center since we got our 369 (s/n 104) but the hookups are the same, I believe. See below.

[glow=red,2,300]Thanks, we work really hard to try to get it right! On the Solitude 369RL, inside the large, pass-through compartment directly behind the utility center (which located on the road-side) there is a covered access panel. Unscrew the access panel to remove it. The water pump will be located immediately to the left, mounted down on the floor. The water pump has rubber feet and my suggestion to help reduce the noise you are describing is to screw two more screws into the mounting feet (for a total of four screws holding the water pump in place). Please do not add more material to this area as there are appliances also installed in there that require a certain amount of air flow and they must not be blocked for both your safety and for operating efficiency reasons.

While the covered access panel is removed, I also suggest checking the re-usable water filter attached to the water pump. The water pump water filter does require periodic cleaning (as part of your normal maintenance) as it helps trap some of the sediment and other debris coming into the fresh water system.

Please note that adding these additional screws should help reduce the noise, but keep in mind that it is considered normal to hear noise when the water pump runs. Hope this helps, and please feel free to contact our Customer Service department directly at (574) 825-8000 if we can be of further assistance.
    [/glow]
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll since the unit is plumbed for winterizing I am sure I can get it done. Thanks for the replies.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016