User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Surge Protector

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been trying to think on this also, and again I am no electrician. If a 50 amp as two poles each with a positive, negative and ground and the 30 amp only has one pole with one of each wire. So it seems plausible that the EMS is “seeing” the 30 amp single pole twice and is confused. Again, I get no consistent fault on 50amp plugs using 50 amp cords, but I do get a consistent fault when using a 30amp adapter (i.e. plugging my 50amp cord into a 30amp plug using a 50-30amp pigtail adapter). I am going to do some reading up on this. The consistent setup is same pigtail, same 50amp cord, same hardwired EMS...so I should be able to try a different pigtail to rule that in or out and am then I down to the EMS.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just purchased an EMS system 50 Amp having it hard wired in this week. It cost more that the plugin once I paid for install but only by about $100.00. Seems well worth it for the potential damage that could happen. As much as we paid for the 5th wheel what’s another $500.00!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update....EMS was correct. The RV plug on the house had the circuit breaker connected to the neutral bar not the ground and polarity reversed at the plug. Also after doing some reading, I ordered a "bonding plug" for the generator to solve that error code. I appreciate insights/thoughts above...spurred me to dig further. Turns out I should have trusted the EMS...but I figured I could trust the electrician that did the initial install of the RV plug.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234