User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something is bugging me...

Something is bugging me. As a student of religion I am amazed at how smart folks were way back when. They really understood the nature of man. Over the years it’s gotten a bit complicated. As a result I have taken it upon myself to read internet articles regarding many religions. Christianity, Judaism, Muslim, Buddhism, etc. Overall I am still quit confused by it all. But one thing I have heard about that I think tends to be true, karma.

I am not sure what karma really is, just another way of saying what goes around comes around. As a result of this I am lighting candles and saying prayers for the individual who decided painting an RV nose cap black. That poor person has some really bad karma coming their way.

Anyone who has tried to remove the bugs from a black RV nose cap has made ill wishes toward that poor person. It can’t be helped. After scrubbing and scrubbing bugs off the front you wait for it dry thinking it will be spotless and very clean. Then the bug parts show up on the black paint.

If it had been white paint you wouldn’t see them. I think they are opaque. Beige they really blend in well. Grey as well. But black? Bug parts stick out like flies on rice. Fuzzy little bug blotches. Sigh!

The poor person who decided on a black nose cap has no idea of the bad karma that’s building. All those bad feelings headed their way. It then becomes incumbent upon us bugged people to not have ill feelings towards the poor person. We must accept our own responsibility in accepting a black nose cone. In this way we can remove some of the bad karma and disperse it upon the many. Not to mention a responsible person accepts responsibility for one’s own decisions. In this case buying an RV with a black nose cap.

Get the ladder back out and get back up there. Srub, rinse, dry, repeat. The day wanes on. Thank goodness it is beginning to cool off some. Wait a minute, I am out of beer. Ok that’s good enough. Anyone who is immersed in their work can recognize some flaws. Perfection is a goal. The bug blotches left will only be discernable by those who eradicate bug blotches. To the untrained eye the nose of the RV is spotless and very shiny. Time to apply wax.

Some people think that you apply wax to make the nose more shiny and appealing to the eye. Those that are bugged like me know that you apply wax so that bug parts will be easier to remove the next time you decide that you are bugged. But wait, if you wax over bug stuff that is left doesn’t it become harder to remove the next time around.

This is a very vicious cycle. And it really bugs me.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm getting the popcorn ready. This should bring some great responses.

Jim

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen brother! Always looks like they are gone, then it dries. Dang it!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You can have any color you want as long as it is black!"....... Henry Ford. To hell with bugs and mud and dirt and spilled moon shine.......this is a horseless carriage void of need for cleaning of its gleaming black shine. Oh worrisome soul, of what washing and scrubbing and waxing and endless toil do you speak ? Keep your bier cold and your cooler clean and worry not

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I scribe the easy ones off and try not to let the stains bother me. I figure this is my camper, I use it and if someone doesn’t like it, they can look else where
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are absolutely right. My previous RVs had white caps with decals. Now I have a Momentum with the beautiful (when new) black cap on the front. Now you think I'm going to wash it and then put a good coat of wax on it and it will really shine. Back the truck up to the RV and place step ladder on tailgate. Now I can reach everything. Wash and rub until it looks perfect. Wait a while and get the wax out and climb back up the ladder and.......and.....and.......where the h377 did these bug marks come from.

I learn to stand back about 50 feet and it looks beautiful again. Don't ask me why it doesn't work while standing close, but it doesn't. Karma.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dallas your first mistake was running out of beer. If you hadn't of run out of beer everything would have been fine...sooner or later.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have learned a neat trick. If I don't buy as much beer I don't drink as much beer. So running out beer is in the end a good thing. I am then forced to drink water. Absurd I know, but one must take steps to fight the middle age spread.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only two types of people should own black rigs, the rich or the unemployed.

I'm not rich, does retired count as unemployed?

I clean and polish the front cap, it looks good, a couple of minutes later I see more bug splatter.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug stains are an indirect indication of how much you actually use your camper. Leave the bugs on the black cap and relish in the realization that others will be jealous of how much time you get to spend in your camper.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast