User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    smittyams

New Prospective Owners from the Frozen North

Hello everyone. Me and the wife have been looking for a 5th wheel for several years and the wife finally fell in love with the Solitude at the Milwaukee rv show last weekend. Haven't heard much about Grand design so the past couple days have been on the computer gaining every bit of info I can about them. Would appreciate any info owners have. We are looking at the 369RL model Solitude. Thank you for any info.

BennyJR

Re: New Prospective Owners from the Frozen North

Hey Smittyams,

We take delivery tomorrow of our 369RL! We cant wait! Although we can speak about it just yet, I must say when my and my fiance begain are search we had to keep in mind that one day we might just move back up to MA. We are currently in Houston TX. When she first saw the Solitude they was in love with it, and we actully had a lot of the same questions that I am sure you have. It is truly unlike any other 5th wheel we have ever seen. We went to many rv shows in the past year and just dident find the one until this past show when we first saw the solitude. Best of luck on your search! Hope you go with the Solitude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiya Aaron & Erica, and welcome to the forums.
    We have the Solitude 305RE and camping this week in Colfax, La!

Yesterday we had 80 degree weather....very nice. The air worked great and we stay nice and cool and comfortable!
    Last night, the "Northerner" blew in! We had 40 mph winds (with gusts to 60), and although it was nerve wreaking, the Solitude was well...solid.
    Today, it's in the 20's. We're using the fireplace to heat, with a small heater in the bathroom. We're very toasty.

Solitude is a beautiful camper, but more importantly it's a quality RV. We love it!
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have owned my Solitude 369RL for a year and have had only a few minor problems with it, and they were taken care of with no problem under the warranty. The unit performs very well and is spacious and comfortable for long trips. I traveled over 5000 miles last year and am planning a trip to the Grand Canyon this year. I feel very confident that my unit will not give me any problems. I like this fifth wheel better than any I have previously owned. I really like the way it tows even in the mountains where I have hit some pretty gusty winds. I would recommend considering this trailer to anybody from my own personal experiences. Whenever I have contacted Grand Design they have been very helpful and accommodating. I think they are a nice company and hope it will always be that way. Good luck on your RV shopping.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum Aaron and Erica!

We have had our 369RL for almost a year now and we love it more every time we use it. In the 11 months we have had it we have made 9 camping trips from as little as 20 miles away from home up to 500 miles away. One day real soon we will be full timing in our Solitude.

We have only had small problems with our 369 and they have all been covered under warranty. I think if you read a lot of the post here on the owners forum, you will see that all are very pleased with Grand Design and the customer service the owners get.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can echo what others have said. We have had our 369RL for almost a year and use it ALOT year round. Very few issues and most were minor and all covered by warranty. GD customer service is second to none. The product itself is awesome. Could not be happier.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

smittyams

Thank you for your replies. The wife has decided that the 369RL will be our 5th wheel purchase when we are able to make it. Gotta keep mama happy! Now I'm on to the daunting question of which generator to pick out.