Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a difference

We have spent months looking at 5th wheels and have finally decided we want the Grand Design Reflections, however we are torn between the 303 and the 337. Both have the floor plan we like but our question is what, if any, is the difference in the living space. Is the only difference in the two the smaller bath and bedroom?
    Duane & Belinda Banks
    2012 F250 D 4x4
    2014 Reflections 303RLS #338

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Is there a difference

There were a couple of reasons we selected the 337. 1. The front cap closet is huge! When we are on the road for extended periods of time, that makes a big difference. 2. We like the bath in the 337 much better. The 303 has two doors to the bath. That is a waste of space that wasn't needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same questions before I bought my Reflection. I went with the 303 because I did not want the bed on a slide and because of the overall length. I had an Everest before with the bed on a slide and just prefer the wardrobe area on the slide. I can tell no difference in the living area and the bathroom is large enough for me. I'm 6'2, 220 pounds and the shower is the best of any RV I have ever owned. The wardrobe in the slide carries everything we need for a long trip. My Everest had the closet in the front and we never used half of it. Obviously, everyone has there own preference. One of the things we like best is the entry to the bath from the bedroom.

The most important thing to me was keeping the overall length of the RV to the shortest possible in the Reflection line (because of places I like to camp.) I also looked at the 293 but didn't like the placement of the entertainment center.
    Floyd - Lake Tenkiller, OK (and occasionally Okla City)
    2014 Reflection 303RLS #9
    2020 Transend Xplor 221RB
    2016 F150 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/HDPP and MaxTow

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LBnM,

What do you think of the basement storage? Is it sufficient?

Campins4us
    Duane & Belinda Banks
    2012 F250 D 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your input TucsonJim. We are still in the decision phase. Your comment gives us something to consider.

Thanks
    Duane & Belinda Banks
    2012 F250 D 4x4

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, one other difference we liked with the 337 - In the kitchen, there is a separate pull out pantry right next the stove that is not included in the 303. It's a great place for spices and such when cooking.

Tl1000r

Awning is bigger on the 337 , unit stands a couple of inches taller , underbelly storage is bigger , walls have thicker insulation , shower is different layout ( go to photo section on grand design website to see )
    Also has the option for a king bed ( what I ordered )
    It is 4 ft longer than the 303 , has 16 in tires ( 303 has 15 )

All of these things are why I ordered a 337 . Either way they are both great units and the main living areas are almost the same , just different from the bathroom forward .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had also shopped for several months and had decided on the Grand Design due to construction features. We had just returned from an RV show in Dallas and really liked the 303 that was on display. My wife then noticed that the 337 had just been introduced, so we delayed our purchase until we could see it in the showroom. Once seeing the 337, we knew we had found our RV. The main reasons were the shower configuration, the longer island and counter space, and the improved kitchen layout with the pantry and slide out kitchen storage.

Like others have stated, both are awesome units and you can't go wrong with either layout.

Enjoy!
    Trish & Jeff Dallas/Fort Worth
    2012 Ford F250 Super Duty - 6.7L Diesel
    ATTA 45 Gallon Auxiliary Fuel Tank
    PullRite SuperGlide Hitch
    Grand Design - Reflection 337RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We picked the 303 for the shorter length and 2000 pounds less weight. We also liked the closet slide since that layout has decent size nightstands. We put 16" wheels and LT tires on ours (swapped from our trade in). We have found there is tons of storage, and still have several empty cabinets. I put spices in a little basket from the dollar store. The pantry is huge, plenty big enough for a 20# bag of dog food and a case of beer on the pantry floor, also big enough to carry a peck hand basket. I put my mop, stick vac, camper wash brush in the front of the basement along with the patio mat, small air compressor and the bottle jack. The main basement holds a large plastic box with hoses and stuff, another full of ham radio stuff, a Coleman grill, two anti gravity recliners, two bag chairs entry mat, and wheel chocks.

We have been on the road for close to four weeks, and are not feeling cramped or crowded.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Campins4us link=topic=463.msg3290#msg3290 date=1393908821]
    LBnM,

What do you think of the basement storage? Is it sufficient?

Campins4us
    [/quote]

It is for us. I carry lots of stuff and we use about half the space. As I said, length was the key issue with me. I would have gone to another brand to stay at, or under, 33'. My longest trip to date in it has been 10 days and it felt very comfortable. + everything 2hams said. The two Westies love it also.
    Floyd - Lake Tenkiller, OK (and occasionally Okla City)
    2014 Reflection 303RLS #9
    2020 Transend Xplor 221RB
    2016 F150 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/HDPP and MaxTow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast