Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have almost always used both the air blow out and antifreeze systems at the same time. I do not, however, use a belt and suspenders. A little OCD goes a long way. By the way -- that should be CDO so it is in the right alphabetical order!
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the antifreeze method once, I did not like the aftertaste in the water the following season. I went through all the recommended procedures to sweeten it up. Since then I have always blown out the lines with 5 psi of air. That was numerous rigs and 50 years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was blowing my lines out today, almost forgot the W/D hook up. Wasnt much water in there but there was some. Next step, pink stuff.
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but the link to Nukeboyt's diagram no longer works.{UPDATE: Link works! It must have been because I initially tried the link from work.} The Nautilus manual references a hot water bypass capability but then neglects to mention how to do it.

Also, for those of us with the Nautilus, blowing out the lines with air is part of the winterization procedure in the manual. Interesting that the colored handles are rotated at 45 degree angles during the process, too.

BL--if you have the Nautilus system read the manual! https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...Rev%208-16.pdf
    There will be some oil and water pulled over from the compressor unless folks have a separator installed to remove this water/oil mix. Once all the lines are flushed with RV antifreeze, there will be no issues with freezing or contamination from air.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time for the winterizing on this rig since we bought it over the summer. We winterized back in late October.

1) The lines took about 4 gallons of A/F. Old trailer was at 3 gallons. However I did just over 5 this year since I wanted to get all the lines good. Plus there is about a gallon and a half in all 3 holding tanks.

2) Somehow, we got antifreeze into the freshwater tank. I found that out when I went to check the dump valve before finishing up. I don't know if I did something wrong or it's normal. I did actually follow the instructions in the OM.

3) Main thought on this whole thing. The Water Heater (WH) bypass through me for a loop. The WH is in the rear of the trailer with no inside access. The Nautilus panel is in the front of the trailer. The by pass handles are in the front well away from the WH. Traditionally speaking for me, the by pass handles were three 1/4 turn valves at the WH close the 2 going to the tank and open the by pass. To me at least, there is 30 feet between the valve. So all can do is hope AF made it back to the Water heater and loop back unless the lines going to the WH are also supplying water (hot and cold) to the sink. That's the only thing I can think how to make everything happy.

Any thoughts on this matter?
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi there...I have reflection 31mb 2020...while winterizing followed directions for nautilus system...suppose to bypass hot water tank but anti freeze went in anyway...and the is pressure when I remove drain plug in hot water tank...is there another bypass somewhere...because none of anti freeze was going to taps

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know people who only blow the lines and have no problem. I also know some who had a freeze failure. Usually in some sort of valve. Play it safe. Use antifreeze. There’s no way to know every drop of water has been blown out.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blowing the lines doesn’t guarantee all water is removed. It’s virtually impossible to blow water out of vertical pipe runs and fixtures 100%. Best thing is to use antifreeze.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12