Likes Likes:  0

Thread: smoke alarm

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

smoke alarm

has anyone had an issue with their smoke alarm? ours is constantly going off even though we have all the windows open, stove fan on and roof fan on? thinking of moving it to a different location

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only time ours has gone off is when smoke from the outside bbq enters through the open front door.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Seasoned Camper keywestparrothead's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it the smoke alarm or the C02? If the later and hard wired in, check your battery level. A low battery will trigger the C02... at 2am in the morning!
    2016 Momentum 376TH "The Beauty"
    2015 Ford F450 King Ranch Crew Cab "The Beast"
    2016 Indian Roadmaster "Our Toy"
    2013 BMW R1200GS Adventure "My Toy"
    ------------------------
    Previous addictions...
    2008 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    2008 Ford F350 6.4 KR CC
    2010 Montana 3750FL
    2008 CC Silverback 32LFGBS TT
    2004 Coleman/Fleetwood PU

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toaster was too close to alarm. Moved it back some, problem solved. Unfortunately it left some holes in the ceiling, trade-offs.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keywestparrothead View Post
    Is it the smoke alarm or the C02? If the later and hard wired in, check your battery level. A low battery will trigger the C02... at 2am in the morning!
    Actually, the only alarm that is hardwired in is the LP gas detector. Most rigs have a smoke detector on the ceiling in the main living area, and a LP gas detector near the floor. It us usually near the island. In the bedroom, GD installed a Carbon Monoxide (CO, not CO2) detector which is battery operated. Most folks think this is a smoke alarm in the bedroom, but if you check the fine print, you'll find out it's a CO detector.

As for the smoke detector in the main living area. It is a single mode (smoke only) sensor. I recommend replacing it with a dual sensor (smoke and fire). I'm putting a link to the one I use below. As for placement, on some rigs, GDRV places the smoke detector too close to the cooking area. Mine was right over the stove. I moved it to an area on the far side of the ceiling fan so the fan could remove most of the cooking gases.

I recommend all units have three smoke alarms. Replace the one in the main living area, Then add one to both the sleeping areas and the basement storage.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Actually, the only alarm that is hardwired in is the LP gas detector. Most rigs have a smoke detector on the ceiling in the main living area, and a LP gas detector near the floor. It us usually near the island. In the bedroom, GD installed a Carbon Monoxide (CO, not CO2) detector which is battery operated. Most folks think this is a smoke alarm in the bedroom, but if you check the fine print, you'll find out it's a CO detector.

As for the smoke detector in the main living area. It is a single mode (smoke only) sensor. I recommend replacing it with a dual sensor (smoke and fire). I'm putting a link to the one I use below. As for placement, on some rigs, GDRV places the smoke detector too close to the cooking area. Mine was right over the stove. I moved it to an area on the far side of the ceiling fan so the fan could remove most of the cooking gases.

I recommend all units have three smoke alarms. Replace the one in the main living area, Then add one to both the sleeping areas and the basement storage.

Jim
    Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper keywestparrothead's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post

Jim
    You are right Jim, it was the LP detector not the "CO". It still went off at 2am... I promptly replaced it with this the next day and then determined I had a battery problem :-(

http://www.homedepot.com/p/First-Ale...d+lp+detectors
    2016 Momentum 376TH "The Beauty"
    2015 Ford F450 King Ranch Crew Cab "The Beast"
    2016 Indian Roadmaster "Our Toy"
    2013 BMW R1200GS Adventure "My Toy"
    ------------------------
    Previous addictions...
    2008 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    2008 Ford F350 6.4 KR CC
    2010 Montana 3750FL
    2008 CC Silverback 32LFGBS TT
    2004 Coleman/Fleetwood PU

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keywestparrothead View Post
    You are right Jim, it was the LP detector not the "CO". It still went off at 2am... I promptly replaced it with this the next day and then determined I had a battery problem :-(

http://www.homedepot.com/p/First-Ale...d+lp+detectors
    Yep, I had an older trailer stored in a storage yard and got a call at 2am from the security guard that there was an alarm going off in my trailer. It was just a low battery.

Jim