User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who ever said, "Happy Wife - Happy Life??"

I was a little reluctant to go to the Pomona RV show this weekend because we're STILL waiting on my boss' retirement announcement (you know the saying, "Tomorrow never comes), and after recent affairs at work relating to this topic, I was in a bit of a funk. At a last minute decision, my wife said she wanted to go. I agreed knowing my son would love looking at all the trailers. Of course, was more excited by the 6 figure diesel pusher...Who knew? I also wanted my wife to see the new 351M. There were a couple of minor things she didn't like on the 350M that they changed on the 351M that I thought she would like. When she said she liked the changes, I thought of Mr. Burns "Excellent."

We step out of the trailer and she looks down the row and asks, "What's that over there?" I ask, "Where?" "There with the outside kitchen." "Oh, that's not a toy hauler, that's a 5th wheel travel trailer." "I want to see." Ohhhh noooo.

We go over and look at it. She goes through it like a fine toothed comb. So where are now on what model we want? A direct split between the 351M and a Reflection 311. I did not expect this turn of events.

I explained to her, we already have my quad, a quad for Cole (4 y/o) and we won't be able to do that with the 311.

"Well, Cole won't be riding for a few more years (I contested "few") and it will be a long while until Charlotte (7 mo..yes already) rides. So I just don't know."

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HA! I can relate. We had taken the boat to our time share at The Nautical in Lake Havasu. Our week ended Friday, and we had every intention to spend the rest of the weekend at the show. We too are interested in the 351M. We really like the new kitchen layout and wanted to touch and feel it in person. We are waiting for a few financial things to happen over the next several months before we actually buy, but I wanted to go to the show to keep the "Momentum" going on our plans. My DW was afraid we might get weak and succumb to the urge to purchase now. "I'll be strong" wasn't good enough, so we didn't go... :-(

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curtis, stay strong. As you know the off roading and camping time we spent when we were growing up was the best of times. Don't short your kids. Mine missed some of it because of divorce and I regret everyday not being able to spend more time with them out "riding."
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Curtis, you have willpower like I've never seen. 1300+ posts and you still haven't picked one out . Whichever one you get, you'll be the most informed new owner ever! But hang tough until you're ready.

P.S. It's amazing to me that seven months have passed since Charlotte's arrival.

Jim

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We made the mistake last year of going to look at the Tiffin class A diesel pushers. Pretty much decided on the Phaeton QBH model and the next day we stumbled on to the Grand Design Momentum 376TH. The rest is history.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Curtis, stay strong. As you know the off roading and camping time we spent when we were growing up was the best of times. Don't short your kids. Mine missed some of it because of divorce and I regret everyday not being able to spend more time with them out "riding."
    Jim, you couldn't have said it better. Ahh, the things we blew up in the desert! ) I just have to convince her that riding for Cole really is a lot closer than she thinks. And it will be a lot more expensive to start over again.

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Curtis, you have willpower like I've never seen. 1300+ posts and you still haven't picked one out . Whichever one you get, you'll be the most informed new owner ever! But hang tough until you're ready.

P.S. It's amazing to me that seven months have passed since Charlotte's arrival.

Jim
    Jim,

You're not the only one to say that. Everyone at the office is starting to sense my frustration. Management keeps telling me, "Be patient, hang in there. Good things are right around the corner." I think it's time to at least start putting feelers out there. It's tough though. The job is mine. It's said, and done. It just needs to be vacated. But the stubborn mule won't leave.

As for picking "the one" we were set, then model change, then more set, and now she's on the fence between the two. I'm pushing the 351M though. For the reasons the other Jim stated and some options.

As for Charlotte, it's amazing. She's mobile now, and FAST! Cole was more of an army crawler; not Charlotte. She off to the races. She's already pulling her self up using the couch and other things. But the BEST thing happened this weekend. She said "Da-da".
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the 351 have the tail gate with a fence around it? A big seller for parents of toddlers.

I got pretty lucky in deciding what model RV to get. Budget of course played a huge factor for us. Then I did something wise, I told my wife that had only three conditions. 1. I must have a recliner, my own man space. 2. I had to have room for enough tools to keep us on the road. 3. I had to take my motorcycle, her motorcycle was optional. Other than that, whatever she wanted was fine with me.

Still is. But I have to tell you I was pretty darned happy when she picked the 376TH.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750