User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you camp where you camp, or what's in RVing for you?

I am interested in why you camp where you camp and what you want out of RVing?

I see a lot of campers that stay in RV parks, those with everything paved, swimming pools, club houses, etc.

Then there are those that stay at state and national parks......

Then there are those that get off of the beaten path as far as possible and stay on Forest Service land- real boondockers.

There are those that camp and want to see and visit lots of people. Then there are those that head for the woods and want to be left alone.

For me I prefer state and national parks, without lots of people and good fishing nearby. I live on a farm so I see wildlife and pastoral scenes everyday but am usually so busy I don't get to enjoy it. I camp to get away, relax, and see different scenery. I prefer the sounds of nature to that of kids playing, people talking or music playing.

How about you? Tell me if you live in a big city, small town or the country and how and where you like to camp?

Donald
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My ideal campsite. Remote and right on the shore of a lake. No hookups needed. As long as I can walk out the door and jump in the fishing boat, I'm very happy. We find that camping at Flaming Gorge reservoir in Wyoming meets this criteria.

Jim

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in Orange County, CA (2 miles from The House of the Mouse). We camp in all of the above. It just depends on what's the adventure menu for that particular trip. If we're heading to the dunes, we boondock. Earlier this summer, my wife had a conference in San Diego, so we stayed at Mission Bay RV Resort. It was basically parking lot camping, but close the conference center and easy beach access. We have also stayed at Bolsa Chica State Beach with partial hook-ups. For our South Dakota trip, aside from Vegas, every stop we had was basically dirt and grass with full hook-ups.

So we're all over the map what we do. Of course having little ones we cater to that as well.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, all of the above... In our case the destination and activity determines the camping style. If we are participating in an ATV Jamboree, we'll pick a full hookup CG near the trailheads. Visiting our friends in Sanpete County UT we'll boondock in their back yard (very rural). If I'm competing in the Bare Buns 5k Run, we'll setup at Olive Dell. While Jeep exploring Death Valley NP, we'll set up at Furnace Creek CG (parking lot style boondocking). And the list goes on...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far with this trailer, we stay at state parks for the most part. They vary quite a bit, but we particularly love the Oregon coast. We have our best friends and camping buddies that we go with frequently and are with them now. We are this minute at beautiful Lincoln Rock state park outside Wenatchee, WA. Our campsite is close enough to the Columbia River that I can actually hit it with a rock. We also camp frequently where we can walk out our door to the lake and fish from the bank.

Donald, rving for us is all the things you mentioned. the exciting part is there is so much more out there to see..............

Four months into retirement - I think I could get used to this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why we will buy an RV eventually ....... We live in Vancouver, Canada but my wife is from Dallas. We're tired of flying home every year for a visit (planes, taxis, rental cars, hotels, eating out, etc.). Plus I have a passion for RV'ing from when I was a kid. So we decided to buy an RV and start driving to Dallas every year for about a 4 week trip. This satisfies my desire to RV and see the country and it satisfies my wife's desire to visit family and friends every year (she moved to Vancouver to be with me, met on the internet in 2002). Plus her Aunt lives on a lake just outside of Dallas with an RV pad with 50amp, water and sewer, so we can stay there for free while we are in DFW.

To and from Dallas we prefer state parks with water and electric as this combines the convenience of hook ups with the beauty of nature and the spaces between sites is usually bigger than an RV park. I'll stay in an RV park for one night if I have to but it has to be somewhat nice with decent space between sites. I won't stay at a place where our slides are inches apart and my picnic table is beside my neighbours sewer connection. No thanks.

Of course we can't start doing this until I graduate from 3 weeks of vacation per year to 4 weeks at my job, which doesn't happen for another 18 months, but hasn't stopped me from settling on a 303RLS and joining this forum for education.

Have no desire to dry camp.

Regards,
    Ray

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses. Keep 'em coming
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We camp at a member owned campground. Our Fifth wheel stays there in storage and the campground moves our trailer on site and back into storage for $30. For $410 dues per year, we can stay 14 nights per month.
    And our facilities are superior with 300 campsites, 2 pools and a huge common building.

No reason to often go elsewhere.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off roading in various parts of CA or R&R near the beach. Dirt or sand with no hook ups or concrete and grass with full hook ups. My wife calls it dirty camping or clean camping. To me it's all good just being out enjoying the great outdoors.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly don't think we know what we want yet. We had plans to buy a 49' DeFever yacht and live full time onboard on it, but our knees, hips, and shoulders are giving us quite an argument. I've traveled all over the world with my job and 12+ years in the USAF, and I'm not one to easily grow deep roots. We need to keep experiencing new things. For now we're simply going to comfortable campgrounds & RV resorts. Our travel plans are to 1) see things that we want to see, 2) go wherever it takes us, and 3) be very comfortable doing it. We're equipped to boondock, but we've not tried it yet. Next year will be a "big trip" year for us, and I'm sure we'll do some boondocking then. For now, it's a nice campsite, an ice chest full of beer, and a BBQ grill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast