Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation 2500RL - Location of Water Pump / Winterize Valve

Hi folks! I'm new to the forum and there appears to be alot of knowledge out here!

I have a 2500RL. Do any of you know where the water pump is located and where the winterize valve is? The winterize hose is located in the front storage compartment, but I can't find the valve...

Thanks in advance!

Warren

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Warren - Welcome to the group! I'm attaching a link where you can access the latest version of the Imagine Owner's Manual. Click on the 2017 version and it will download the manual. See page 88 on how to winterize your system. It appears the water heater bypass valve is behind the water heater. By all means, let us know if this answers your questions or not.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...owners-manuals

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks TusconJim!

Yep - I have the manual. The problem is that the trailer "reality" appears to be different from the manual. The water heater bypass is correct as shown, and I've completed that step. However, the winterizing valve, which allows the antifreeze to be pulled in when set correctly, doesn't appear to be in the location pictured in the manual - that's my problem.

A service tech said that the valve will be close to the water pump. Now if I could just find the pump and the winterizing valve, I'll be good to go!

Warren

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2650 the pump (and winterizing valve) are located in the hookup center in the pass-through. I needed to unscrew & disassemble a side panel on the hookup center to access the valve until I cut a section out of the panel for permanent access.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks jmbopp!

Interesting you say that, I was kind of heading to that conclusion because my antifreeze feed tube comes out the top of the hookup center. Sounds like the same design. Your comment has re-enforced that guess. I'll try it tonight and see what happens!

Thanks again gentlemen! I really appreciate your quick responses. I was hoping to get the antifreeze in tonight and do the final wash tomorrow.

Best to all -

Warren

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did the winterizing fun with my 2500rl last Saturday. The water pump and valve are located in the hookup center behind the panel. You will have to remove screws attaching the panel (the panel has some instructions and illustrations on it). You will find the valve in the nest of wiring and tubing. Also don't forget to bypass the hot water heater. I had to remove the drawers under the kitchen sink and go by brail to reach these valves.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you remove the drawers? I can't figure out how to get them out.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the drawer is open look at the drawer slides. They are metal slides with roller bearings. O
    on the end of the sides you will see black plastic tabs. I cant recall which is which but you will be able to see the one away from the stove. You need to push one side down and the opposite up and then pull the draw out. The inner part of the slide will separate from the outer and the draw will remove easily. To put the drawer back just line the slides up and close the drawer the tabs will slide right back into position.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are several you tube videos on how to remove a drawer with metal slides here is one I found it is not in a camper but the process is identical https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y1cqAMKhOo

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info. Just what I needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast